Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:53 PM
Luis Merlo Luis Merlo is offline

Join Date: Oct 2021
Default Do not accept delta gift voucher

Hi everyone,

My name is Luis Leonel Merlo Palomera.

Last Sunday - October 17th - I volunteered for loosing an overbook flight in exchange of a gift card of $800 USD.

When I received the mail from Delta Choice Benefits, I was asked to choose the currency I wanted to use to. Obviously, living in Mexico, I chose Mexican Pesos. The options for the cards where I can use the money were supposed to be the same, but the only options it showed me, was Google or iTunes. Of course, it doesn’t make any sense for anyone to spend $800 USD. I wanted to fix this as soon as possible.

The next day, a called the service center, where they tried to fix it by sending me a new mail without any success. Once on the airport, the Delta team who offered me the deal the prior day, said she was going to refer me to her supervisor and that the problem was going to be solved before I took the new flight, but It wasn’t.

Once in Mexico I received an email from Hector Castanon from ATO SLC Operations, asking for my phone number to make the payment for the 800 USD. He asked me to please respond that mail ASAP, so I replied at the moment.

I been sending him emails for the last couple of days, trying to check the status of the payment, without any respond.

I called the delta choice gift card and they opened a case about this; the case number is 26641.
After many days, and phone calls this was the answer;

“Your case has been escalated and* we were advised that Delta Choice Gift Cards does not handle these requests.
*For this type of request, this would be handled by Delta Airlines* DBC Customer Service.
Please kindly reach out to them directly, to be assisted with your concerns.”

After 3 1/2 hour on the phone, trying to reach Delta DBC customer service, they said, that they can’t help me neither, that the only person who can help me is the one that made the arrangement for the 800US, at SLC Airpor, what doesn’t make any sense for me, I don’t live there, and the purpose of a customer service line, Is to solve problems with out the need of doing that in person

I don’t want to spend more time, money or energy on this matter. This was supposed to be a good arrange for both of us, not a problem. I ask you to fix this as soon as possible.

DBC Voucher Number: 0060668496950
Issuing agent # 569502 Cecilia Morales
Airport Issued At : SLC
Thank you.

Luis Leonel Merlo Palomera

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta Gift Card is a Scam Luis Merlo Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Oct 27, 2021 3:35 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Honeymoon Completely Ruined Delta offered us a Gift Basket john99619 Delta Air Lines Complaints 8 Jul 23, 2011 8:10 PM
Customer Service Honeymoon Completely Ruined Delta offered us a Gift Basket john99619 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jul 22, 2011 3:01 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta changed the amount of the promised voucher sweetpea2011 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Customer Service Delta refuses to accept return of sky miles, flt 338 Jan 16, 09 thomas thompson Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Mar 10, 2009 4:55 PM