Old May 30, 2009, 9:01 AM
peteb peteb is offline

Join Date: May 2009
Default Jet Blue Has No Heart

No one responsible. . . emergency flight - my sister had kidney failure while on a trip to PA. Continental Airlines booked her for emergency flight. Thank you. JetBlue on the other hand ... I had to co-ordinate to get her RV back home along with disabled brother-in-law. I had a reward to use for a round trip fare. While making the reservation I was unsure how long I would need to be in Florida while she was recovering so I asked to reserve the flight until I got home to confirm plans. They told me it could not be held but should not be a problem. 40 minutes later I was told the flight could not be booked because of a 7 hour layover in NYC - it seems it changes the flight and makes it an additional flight now - It didn't 7 months ago when I flew the exact same flight. In a time of personal crisis - when any person would hope to be helped - JET BLUE could not / would not allow me to wait in an airport for 7 hours and use my reward - not a big deal 1 year ago but I have been out of work for 6 months. When people are given the opportunity to step up and do the right thing JET BLUE did not.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:41 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Is the 7 hour connection time a "forced" connection or is there an earlier flight from JFK to your final destination but with no availability for the award? If it's the latter then under their rules they can enforce that because a connection of more than four hours is considered a stopover. If it's the former then they should allow it becase you have no choice given their schedule.

Baggage Problems $250 bottle of Johnny Walker Blue MISSING upon arrival JetblueTraveler JetBlue Airways Complaints 12 Jul 4, 2009 6:08 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Jet Blue Customer Initiated Flight Cancellation walverio JetBlue Airways Complaints 4 Jan 5, 2009 10:54 PM
Virgin Blue - Australia Flight DJ831 15:08:2008 Wendy Dakis Other Airline Complaints 0 Sep 1, 2008 2:40 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Jet Blue - Complaint johntocallaghan JetBlue Airways Complaints 0 Oct 28, 2007 9:28 PM