Tools...

Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:25 PM

Default Allegiant

I am totally amazed that people put up with this airline. Any other airline would have been out of business long ago! Constant delays, cancellations & Mechanical issues. Now they are using some charter airlines so your flight number and airline code might be different so no way to know ahead if your flight is delayed or cancelled. Arrived in Knoxville and was told by another airline agemt was delayed 5 hours, no attendant for Allegiant at gate, no update on their website as it said "no such flight". Just had to sit until 1 am until someone showed up.

Friday - looked on airline website tried to get status update - it said no such flight (usually does this). Finally found it was a charter airline flight (only flightaware will show you this information) and was delayed.

Today - again tried allegiant website no such flight. Tried flightaware - found no flights from St Pete Fla. went to origin and arriving airport websites - said flight was on time. tired flightview.com - also said on time. Drove 1.5 hours to St Pete and found it was cancelled! And was told by gate agent to keep checking website to see when it will go. Right like that is going to work! -It will just say it does not exist. I cannot believe they can still be in business when they treat people like this. Probably while they are in such a small market as these airports probably have no other choice. Oh and forget calling - recording tells you the hold time is an hour and a 1/2!

No more purchases for me on this airline.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:49 PM

Default Allegiant Air Insider

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR with Allegiant Airlines! Yes, the flights are cheap and alluring, but what you save in money, you give up on customer service. Their website wasn't working properly, the chat customer service agent didn't have answers, AND she didn't call me like she said she would, and I seriously tried about 20-30 times to call their offices only to get a busy signal or a voice mail that says they can't take my call? HUH??? They nickel and dime you for bags, seats, even drinks on the plane! $2 for a soda.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER again will I fly this airline. I even sent a letter to customer service via fedex (for tracking purposes!) only to receive a patronizing response in which they sugar-coated calling me a liar.

I'm a deal finder, a coupon user, a money saver.... BUT I will never fly this airline again. And I will pay double to fly Southwest or Virgin Air for the better experience.[/QUOTE]

The issue with Allegiant Airlines is that most of their fleet are over 30 years old and purchased from third world countries with less restrictions. Have you experienced a delay or cancelled flight with Allegiant? This is due to a number of issues and one being that their planes are so old, they're allowed a certain number of hours of flight time per a day and another reason is that they overbook and don't have enough "Pilots" and they can not go over "x" amount of hours per day. Small issues are lights won't turn off, normal wear and tear, cabin door won't shut all the way, the condensation is bad, or the toilet is not functional. The delays and flight cancellations or horrible because they do not have back up. Sometimes rescue planes can't fly over right away. All these issues causes the crew to time out and the flight gets cancelled or delayed.

I've spoken to the Fleet Manager and she's a nice straight forward lady. CEO Maurice Gallagher, only purchases older planes at a fraction of the cost from third world countries. The last purchase was in the beginning of the year and they purchased three 30 year old planes from Philippines. Why would anyone on earth purchase planes from a third world country when we live in the best country in the world, USA. "It's cheap"
Maurice Gallagher's says "Allegiant Airlines is like Costco. You walk in and purchase what you like and there is no customer service" So don't expect customer service from Allegiant Airlines. You get what you pay for, no questions asked.

Allegiant Airlines is for the poor and there is no room for poor people to be complaining. You get what you pay for...
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshadin View Post
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR with Allegiant Airlines! Yes, the flights are cheap and alluring, but what you save in money, you give up on customer service. Their website wasn't working properly, the chat customer service agent didn't have answers, AND she didn't call me like she said she would, and I seriously tried about 20-30 times to call their offices only to get a busy signal or a voice mail that says they can't take my call? HUH??? They nickel and dime you for bags, seats, even drinks on the plane! $2 for a soda.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER again will I fly this airline. I even sent a letter to customer service via fedex (for tracking purposes!) only to receive a patronizing response in which they sugar-coated calling me a liar.

I'm a deal finder, a coupon user, a money saver.... BUT I will never fly this airline again. And I will pay double to fly Southwest or Virgin Air for the better experience.

The issue with Allegiant Airlines is that most of their fleet are over 30 years old and purchased from third world countries with less restrictions. Have you experienced a delay or cancelled flight with Allegiant? This is due to a number of issues and one being that their planes are so old, they're allowed a certain number of hours of flight time per a day and another reason is that they overbook and don't have enough "Pilots" and they can not go over "x" amount of hours per day. Small issues are lights won't turn off, normal wear and tear, cabin door won't shut all the way, the condensation is bad, or the toilet is not functional. The delays and flight cancellations or horrible because they do not have back up. Sometimes rescue planes can't fly over right away. All these issues causes the crew to time out and the flight gets cancelled or delayed.

I've spoken to the Fleet Manager and she's a nice straight forward lady. CEO Maurice Gallagher, only purchases older planes at a fraction of the cost from third world countries. The last purchase was in the beginning of the year and they purchased three 30 year old planes from Philippines. Why would anyone on earth purchase planes from a third world country when we live in the best country in the world, USA. "It's cheap"
Maurice Gallagher's says "Allegiant Airlines is like Costco. You walk in and purchase what you like and there is no customer service" So don't expect customer service from Allegiant Airlines. You get what you pay for, no questions asked.

Allegiant Airlines is for the poor and there is no room for poor people to be complaining. You get what you pay for...[/QUOTE]
Tags...
Tags
allegiant

More options...