Reservations
COMPLAINT: Surname change on Etihad non- refundable ticket

Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:56 PM
leanne75 leanne75 is offline

Join Date: Jul 2011

I booked a flight on the 13th July 2011 and booked it under my maiden name instead of my married name, I have only been married a few weeks so am still getting used to using my changed name. I have contacted Etihad local office in Manchester who have said I will have to cancel my tickets, which is non refundable and re-book. This is really not an option as I am an adult nurse student and is going to Australia to do my final work placement in Adelaide in September so would not be able to find the funds again.
..................I have since received a reply to say they canít change my surname on the ticket but they have put a note on the system for the staff to see at check inn.
If i did take my marriage certificate along with me & booking form I have to the check in desk with me would they then print my boarding card in my marriage name to match my passport or would they have to print it in the name thatís on the booking even though they have a note on the system to say my marriage name and proof of my marriage certificate? (Will I have to check in at all 6 airports return in total or just the once either way?)

I am panicking now, as if they print my boarding card in my maiden name when I travel through security and customs I will probably be refused, as they donít have the check in desk system inform of them with the note on it to explain the situation.

I do think it would be ideal to have the ticket reprinted with my marriage surname to avoid any confusion and the chance I may not be allowed to board, this trip is one that is vital within my nursing degree, if I fail to attend this trip I will fail my degree so it is of great importance I get to Australia with no cause for concern. I am also a solo traveller with no back up funds if they did refuse my travel.

I would be more than willing to pay a SMALL fee for the surname change.
Any advice would be very helpful.

Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:17 AM

Dear Leanne75,

I have sent you a DM. This DM is further to the DM converstion we have already been having.

If I am correct, you have been notified of the course of action required to ensure a smooth trip.

Kind Regards

Cazzi
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:11 AM
lucymason lucymason is offline

Join Date: Aug 2011

Hi

Pretty much have the same issue..

I have recently got married (June) since booking my flight to NY in Nov so my passport is now in my married name and the ticket is in my maiden name.

Continental wonít change the flight name and said I have to chance it on the day of check in to see if they will allow me to travel with my marriage certificate and passport.

They told me previously if I went to Heathrow Terminal 4 in person they would change it, which I did but they refused to amend it saying it was Expediaís ticket (despite Expedia telling me to go to Continentals desk at airport).

Obviously I need to know if I can fly before I pay for hotels etc. We have already paid for my husbandís ticket so could lose that money too.

Do you have any advise please?!
I know its a different airline but may help?!

Lucy
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:44 PM
leanne75 leanne75 is offline

Join Date: Jul 2011

This matter is now resolved :-)

I would like to send a big thank you to 'Cazzi B' and Etihad for their great customer service and support with regards to my booking. I received prompt phone calls and emails with regards to my many questions.

Etihad kindly re-issued my ticket in my correct surname.... for a small charge, but more than worth it for my peace of mind.

Thank you Cazzi B for all your help & support.

Lucy......Im sure there are many people out there who make the same mistake as we did.....its very easily done. I know i will be very careful when booking flights in the future.........all i can suggest is that you dont give up, there are people out there who are willing to help and some that are not or dont have the power to help, it is just a matter of finding the ones that will. and luckily i did :-)

I wish you the best of luck!

Leanne
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:38 AM
sgandham sgandham is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

Hi Cazzi,

I have booked a ticket for my wife through an agent HYD - Chicago for the date 31/OCT/2011. However the travel agent didn't get my wife name correctly so I got the ticket with spelling wrong. Since she is coming alone I am bit afraid that Ethiad will cancel the ticket just for the small spelling mistake. When I called customer care I am not getting any response. I am confused and really need your help to resolve the issue. I have seen some post where you resolved most of their problems SO please help me in correcting the name on the ticket.

Here are the ticket details:

Booking Reference : 4EKHZS
E-Ticket Number 6078718439567 - GOPIS/S

I really appreciate your help.

Satish
Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:00 PM
lukehare lukehare is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012

Hi Cazzi,

I am in desperate need of some help from somebody. I am at my wits end... will you please let me know if you are still active on this site?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Luke
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:00 AM

Hi Luke,

Sorry for the late reply. I am indeed still active, however am unable to reply to DM's due to site restrictions. If you would like to DM me the details with all of your contact information, we can look into assisting you.

Kind Regards

Cazzi B
Etihad Representative
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:05 AM
lukehare lukehare is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012

Hey Cazzi,

Thank you for replying... please e-mail [email protected] and I hope to be able to explain everything thoroughly.

Luke
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:47 PM
Mee Mee is offline

Join Date: Jun 2014

Dear Cazzi,

My boyfriend booked a ticket online but made a mistake with his last name. He filled in his first name as his last name so his name on the ticket is Warren Warren. He immediately contacted an etihad representative to change his last name but was told that they are unable to make any amendments and that the only solution is to buy another ticket since his ticket is non refundable. When he started complaining that the solution they gave him was ridiculous, he was told to send an e-mail [email protected]. He immediately sent an e-mail explaining the issue and got a call from an agent. He was told to send a copy of his passport and that he would have to pay 75 USD as penalty for the surname change. It has been almost a week after he sent his passport copy but has not received any reply. His flight is drawing near and he has e-mailed every possible etihad*related e-mail addresses he can find to try to come up with a solution. He feels ignored and helpless and we don't know who else to turn to for help and we figured that you may be the only one who can help us with our problem...Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mee
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:20 PM
sloaner012 sloaner012 is offline

Join Date: Jul 2014

Please help, Cazzi! It seems you have been so helpful for so many people, which is great customer service from Etihad.

I just spoke with an Etihad representative over the phone and he said they were unable to help due to the flight being a codeshare. My flight is booked as an Etihad flight, but is in reality an AirBerlin flight. All my flight info says Etihad.

My situation simply stated: I booked a flight under my maiden name, but now have a passport with my married name (I had intended on flying with my old passport, but due to Visa regulations within the country I am living, was forced to get a new passport with my married name or risk losing my Visa).

I have been told by your representative that they are unable to change the name on the booking because the fight is a codeshare with AirBerlin. They also said that AirBerlin will not be able to change the name because the flight is an Etihad flight. This sort of round about logic is non sensical. Neither of the airlines are able to help me or claim final responsibility.

I can provide full documentation of my name change: marriage license, copy of old passport, and various other forms of ID to prove that in fact the customer identity stays the same.

Is there any further help you can provide me with regarding this matter?

Thank you very much for your time and for the consideration of my problem.

Kind regards,

Jessica
+43 69910606565
[email protected]
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:02 PM
jkjudge jkjudge is offline

Join Date: Aug 2014

Hi Cazzi,

To my relief, i could find some posts mentioning the same problem that i am facing right now.

My Wife booked a flight for her parents few weeks ago with Etihad airways through Vayama. New Delhi to Chicago for 1st Sept. 2014 the trip ID is SEWXZ4

Passenger names:
VIRINDER JUDGE
KARAMJIT JUDGE

i just noticed that 1st passenger's (my father in law) complete name is VIRINDER SINGH JUDGE and his passport shows "VIRINDER SINGH" as his first and last name. Now when he used to travel with in US, it wasnt a problem as he carries his Drivers License, with his full name on it. We also contacted Vayaare but there is nothing that they are doing and suggesting to purchase a brand new ticket L
But now, he wouldnt even be let inside the airport with these tickets back in New Delhi as it doesnt match his passport.

I request you to please help me get his name changed on the ticket, otherwise cancelling this ticket and buying other would really rip us off financially

Please let me know if i need to submit any further information or proofs to get this done.

many many thanks,
Gill
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:26 PM
jkjudge jkjudge is offline

Join Date: Aug 2014

Hi Cazzi, Please help us, as we are running out of time each passing day.
We've seen you've helped people resolve this and made their experience worthwhile with Etihad.

We have received an email from Vayama informing that this is usually not possible as it is not allowed by the airlines, but they have forwarded a copy of the passport and US driver's license to Etihad team.

looking forward to seek your help in this hour of need.

many many thanks,
Nav & Jas
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:07 AM
Natarajan Natarajan is offline

Join Date: Sep 2014

Hi Cazzi,

I could find some posts mentioning the same problem make me little relief.

I have booked a Etihad ticket for my wife and son through the agent Exploretrip. My wife got a new passport with surname changed from KUMARAVEL to NATARAJAN due to the marital status change in her passport. When I ask my agent, they contacted Etihad, but they couldn't make it as the Jet Airways is operated from Chennai to AbuDhabi and I will loose the complete amount.

It will be really great if you could help me on this issue.

RESERVATION CODE : JMCSRE
FROM : CHENNAI
TO : SFO

Natarajan
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:39 PM

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear about the experience you have encountered. We would certainly like to look into this for you and would kindly ask you to send us a direct message with your reference number and email address in order to look into this for you.

Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:22 PM

Hi Cazzi,

I have same name problem listed on this forum thread.

I have booked a Etihad ticket for my parents through the agent airfare.com. My mother's name is listed correctly on the e-ticket but my father's first name is listed as Harenkumar instead of Haren. When I asked my agent, they contacted Etihad, but they couldn't make it as the Jet Airways is operated from Delhi to Ahmedabad and I will loose the complete amount.

It will be really appreciate it if you could help me on this issue.

RESERVATION CODE : MWMQTW
FROM : Washington DC
TO : Ahmedabad

Prem
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:59 PM

Hi Prem

Thanks for your message.

Please contact Etihad Global Contact Centre one of our colleagues will be pleased to assist you with the best available option.

Our contact details can be found on Etihad website.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards *JR
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:37 PM

Join Date: Oct 2014

Thanks JR for your quick response. I just called Etihad global call center and they are not giving me any options to make first name correction. Please advise. Thanks Prem
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:35 PM

Hi Prem

Please DM us your contact details (with country code and area code) in order that our Reservations Team can contact you for further assistance. However, please also note that this depends on the terms and conditions of your ticket, the nature of the change you wish to make and the availability of fares at the time. Thank you.*JR
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:07 PM

Hello JR,

I did talk to the representative who must have gotten my contact info from you. But she gave me the same answer that name can not changed because of Jet Airways involved from Delhi to Ahmedabad. Can you please advise. I really appreciated your help with this issue.

Prem
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:49 PM

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that. As there is another Airline on your ticket we cannot change the name as you have requested. You would have to cancel the ticket and re-book with the correct name. Maybe your travel insurance policy can cover you for this situation. Thanks *DP

Reservations Etihad airways has cancelled my ticket without informing me !!!! Marwa Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Jul 16, 2011 8:20 AM
Reservations Etihad airways has cancelled my ticket without informing me Marwa Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Jul 16, 2011 8:15 AM
Customer Service Continental Refused to Refund a Fully Refundable Ticket mquamar Customer Service 10 May 9, 2010 9:04 PM
Reservations beware! ticket change policy online booking chb American Airlines Complaints 3 May 7, 2008 1:03 AM
Customer Service Incompetent staff refused to refund fully-refundable ticket barbourJ United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 17, 2007 4:29 AM