Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:49 AM
Clay Clay is offline

Join Date: Mar 2007
Default Advised of non-scheduled stop at boarding

My second complaint concerning Delta Airlines was on Aug. 1, 2006 and stretched well into Aug. 2, 2006. Delta actually added a stop to our flight home at the last minute. We were to go directly from Atlanta to Raleigh on flight 1110. At the last moment before boarding, we were informed that we would be making an extra stop in Greensboro, NC to drop off a group of teenagers. We did make such an extra stop. That is not the service I paid for. I paid for a direct flight and that is not what I received.

Since we were traveling with young children, the delays caused by Delta's choice of added stops created great hardship on our children who were not fed properly and were kept up past bed time far exceeding even the Pacific time zone.

Michelle Schrader with customer care returned a polite but completely dismissive letter to me on Aug. 24, 2006. No compensation of any sort was made.

My family has made numerous flights subsequent to the events of late July. WE DID NOT FLY WITH DELTA, AND WILL NOT AGAIN UNTIL COMPENSATION IS MADE. The experience was entirely too ridiculous and unprofessional. I have often wondered why Southwest is making money and Delta is often rumored in bankruptcy. I now know why.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 1:29 AM
dragonfire7.delta.com dragonfire7.delta.com is offline
Delta Air Lines Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Join Date: Apr 2007

not rumored to be in bankruptcy, they ARE... but scheduled to emerge sometime in the next couple of months

Check-in / Boarding boarding pass not scanned at airport linda donahoe United Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 24, 2012 7:57 AM
Check-in / Boarding Disorganized boarding, not in order worldofkolor Southwest Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 21, 2007 9:19 PM
Check-in / Boarding Problems boarding, in-flight, checking-in...never again. hisandhers Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 14, 2007 4:20 AM
Customer Service Fight left before scheduled time and left passenger behind marciamarco American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 8, 2007 12:35 AM