Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:49 AM
DeanL DeanL is offline

Default Chase Bank is a horrible credit card company

We are a very loyal Southwest and Rapid Reward customer since the beginning and have carried the credit cards for over 12 years. We are extremely unhappy with Chase handling the credit card business. We always pay our balance completely but also spend a significant amount of money each month on our cards.

Recently, Chase bank change our billing cycle WITHOUT informing us and SHORTENED the billing cycle. My wife caught the change literally hours after the due date and paid off the card in full - at that very moment. Chase, however, has charged finance charges spanning 3 BILLING CYCLES! This is unethical and predatory behavior. I can't imaging being a customer who actually carries a balance. I hate to say it because I love Southwest, but DON'T GET YOURSELF INVOLVED IN THE SCAM CHASE BANK offers. Southwest really should find another card company that can uphold its customer service values.

We have done everything possible to resolve the issue with Chase. They were completely inflexible and showed very poor customer service. We paid a large finance charge spanning the first and 2nd cycles and asked for a modest $76 waiver for the 3rd. They would rather lose our years of business and thousands in annual merchant fee income over a $76 finance charge that is completely bogus. They want us to prove we were not informed of the billing cycle change. Excuse me! Oh, well, "if you are a customer that does not carry a balance, then Chase can change your billing cycle between 20 to 25 days without notice," says their customer support supervisor Jennifer Wallace out of Oklahoma. Why would they do that? Well, in an attempt to catch card holders unaware and thereby make money dishonestly. Did she have the power to save a loyal Southwest Rapid Rewards customer? You bet. Did she? No. I guess some other airline and credit card company will enjoy our business.

We love you Southwest, but your credit card company just screwed you out of a great customer. I'm sure the likes of Herb Kelleher and Ann Rhoades would be none too pleased.

We're not the only ones. Take a look at these postings with dozens of predatory Chase bank practices.

Reservations credit card charges larrydolly Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Sep 25, 2007 8:58 AM