COMPLAINT: cancellation from the airline and no refunds

Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:35 AM
nithiya nithiya is offline

Join Date: Jun 2017

Worst customer service ever from Malaysian Airlines.

I had booked a flight from Melbourne to Chennai for me and my daughter, with MH 127 (11:30PM flight from Melbourne), to attend my brother's wedding, that was happening on the Friday 2nd June. I was planning to travel only for 5 days, with my leave constraints at work.

I had my complete travel checked in and got the boarding pass for the full travel all the way to Chennai.

After we boarded the flight, we had a bomb threat from a crazy guy and so the flight landed back soon after take off. After the guy was arrested and the passengers were cleared off the flight, it was found out that the guy was just holding a power bank and threatening everyone to blast the plane. Agreed that the flight would still have to go through security check again, Malaysian airlines decided that they had to cancel the flight.

All passengers including myself with my 8 year old, were still waiting for next steps and no information was provided to all the stranded passengers until 8AM next morning, about next course of action and everyone still waiting for an update from the airlines and security personnels.

Finally around 8AM next day, the airlines lets the passengers into the flight (only 2 at a time) to collect the cabin baggage - after all the elderly passengers, and passengers who need to take medications, starts panicking and shouting about their routine medications that they have to take.

Finally when I got hold of my cabin baggage, there is yet another big queue, waiting to find out about the next flight that we can board on to reach the destination.

When I got my turn, the airlines rep told me that the same flight would leave 8PM on the 1st night, and the next connecting flight from KL would be after 20 hours of transit in KL, so I can reach Chennai on the 2nd june night around 11PM local time.

With this itenary, my purpose to visit Chennai was defeated, and hence wanted to cancel the travel, I was advised that the tickets cannot be refunded as I had agreed for a non-refundable ticket.

I had my travel planned, fixed, checked in until my final destination, and for a flight that Malaysian airline decided to cancel, I am not refunded the ticket fare paid, for a flight I didn't cancel.
Talking to the customer service rep, I was told I will be sent a travel voucher to repeat the same itenary and haven't got that either.

I am not planning any travel for a few years now, not with the same airline either, and even if I have to travel, I might plan more days overseas to another destination.

I am getting penalized for something that I was not completely responsible for.

I want to know if there would be any airline ombudsman, so I can sue the airlines, and get my money back that I paid for the travel.

NEVER EVER TRAVEL MALAYSIAN AIRLINES

China Hainan Airline rip-off fee for refunds pingo Other Airline Complaints 0 Feb 17, 2013 8:38 AM