View Poll Results: Should American Profit from Hurricane Traveling Clients?
NO 1 100.00%
YES 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Rebook Charge Due to Hurricane

Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:04 PM

Today I tried to rebook my flight to MCO with American Airlines. The place we are going are flooded and power is still unsure. The places surrounding are in clean up. We purchased 10 tickets. One is for a baby and one is for my 70 year old father-in-law. We are traveling on the 13th. When I called customer service to move our trip they wanted me to pay $2000 additional dollars because I wasn't traveling on/before the 10th. They said I was a few days outside of their allowance for the hurricane. Really?? So American can fully understand all of the damage, survey all of the clean up and determine the safety for my family in this part of the region??? I was totally upset with their response. I have contacted their customer service and awaiting a response. Our company holds AA stock. I am asking everyone in our office to sign a letter of how unhappy we are with their decision. I am going to send it to every member of the board and leadership continuously until each one responds to my situation. This is unfair and should not be allowed to continue. We live in Dallas. We are proud to be the home of American Airlines, but this makes me shameful that they are trying to make a profit from a natural disaster and place my family in harm's way.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:56 PM

I just got a personal call from Timikah Kless with Customer Relations. She apologized for my previous experience and made it right. She allowed me and my party to rebook with no change fees. She has gone over and beyond to help make this right. I am impressed with their quick response and wanting to do the right thing. Very Happy with AA.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook