COMPLAINT: Damaged my $3,000 Computer, and Will not respond to me.

Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:49 AM
eswaggins eswaggins is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

I took a flight from West Palm Beach to Hartford, CT with a stop in Philadelphia. I carried on my $3,000 Alienware computer onto the flight from PBI to PHL as I used this for work. I was able to bring it on the plane to PHL. When I boarded for BDL from PHL, it was a smaller plane and they were taking peoples backs and "VIP Valet" checking them. I was uncomfortable and started to refuse. When they still wouldnt let me, I told the agent that there was a $3,000 computer in there and they MUST mark this as fragile as I know how baggage is handled. The lady assured me she would. I saw them tossing the bags on the plane and when I got to Hartford, I got my bag back and there was NO special marking on the bag. I got to my parent's house and my computer was damaged, the keyboard was busted, the USB was busted. Needless to say I was ******! I lodged a formal complaint, and even followed up once since and its been 6 days and still no response. I am beyond livid with this airline, they MUST pay for what they have done.

Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:55 PM
eswaggins eswaggins is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

So they respond by sending my a "Canned" "Templated" response to this situation and say that I (The customer), needs to reach out to another department (See attached) Also in the attachment is my response to them

I AM BEYOND LIVID RIGHT NOW WITH THEM!

Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:21 AM
susanmoffat susanmoffat is offline

Join Date: Mar 2017

Hi,

Just wondering what the outcome was and if you have any contact details that may help me.

AA lost my bag on MIA-JFK on 4th January. I was continually told they were searching for it. After close to 40 emails back and forth I was told the case would be closed on March 20th.

After having to fill in a claim for all my belongings which were worth over $5,000. They said as I had no receipts they would give me 2,246. Even things I had receipts for they decided not to pay out for those things. So after asking over 2 weeks ago for my bank details, which I sent. I have heard nothing. I have emailed 5 times during this time, just to be ignored.

It's now past the deadline and I've no idea what to do as they just ignore me. I feel like they've just stolen my stuff and offered me no compensation. I was on a 10 day trip over NY in the Bahamas and had all my best shoes and bags etc. Things I've bought from all over the world and were precious to me. I understand bags go missing but surely the service recovery and the customer service you receive after is paramount.

As I'm in the UK I am not sure who to go to next to get this issue sorted. It has caused me numerous sleepless nights and stress.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Susan.

Baggage Problems Mandatory Checked Bag Damaged Computer mprn American Airlines Complaints 1 Nov 25, 2014 2:22 PM
Baggage Problems Mandatory Checked Bag Damaged Computer mprn Baggage Problems 0 Nov 25, 2014 3:17 AM
Reservations Bet we know how United will respond to this complaint... coloradogambler United Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 13, 2012 11:46 PM
Check-in / Boarding stupid computer bills me twice for same bag RobertP Check-in / Boarding 6 Aug 10, 2009 11:03 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Why Delta doesn't respond? leighphillips Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Sep 25, 2007 9:09 AM