Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: American airlines

Old May 2, 2017, 11:49 PM

April 20, 2017 I was booked on a 9:30pm flight from Chicago Midway to Philadelphia. At last minute, American Airlines texted me my flight is cancelled.

I am stage 4 cancer patient, having spent 2 days in the hospital for scans and treatment, I was beyond ready to go home. Worse part...I was left stranded in the hospital with no hotel and no way to go any where.[i'm in a wheelchair] Thank God the hospital
van driver found us a hotel room and re-booked our trip to the airport for next day. American Airlines could care less!! Their reason for cancelation...WEATHER
Weather in Philadelphia was 56 degrees, no storms. Weather in Chicago was perfect. American Airlines refused to pay for my hotel and my extra day parking in Philadelphia. I wonder if they had a crew or not.

Needless to say, my income is limited due to disability and didn't count on this extra expense. It will make me think long and hard about flying with them again. I am a GOLD/RUBY member.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook