COMPLAINT: Payment method trouble

Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:16 PM
CMTT CMTT is offline

Join Date: Jun 2017

Are the people at the ticket counter really unable to split a payment between cash and a card? Any grocery store can. Any point-of-sale system I've ever heard of, really. The clerk berated me for being unprepared and said that my daughter would miss her flight because of it. We arrived two hours early but they let everyone on a 15-minute earlier flight skip the very very long line, which would have been fine with me if they then hadn't given us a bad attitude both at the counter and at the gate for being "late."

I apologized for not knowing they couldn't split payments and ran like the wind across the building to the atm. We ended up at the gate with 20 minutes to spare, but I will never forget how that clerk treated us and how upset my daughter was. If I had had any inkling that such a commonplace request would be a problem, I would have simply gone to the atm beforehand. I spent a long time before writing this review looking through their website for any warning about this but couldn't find one. Thank you for reading.

Customer Service Has anyone else had trouble getting through to aa customer service? gassoc American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 1, 2015 5:01 PM
payment confirmation Kaushal Kumar Ojha Other Airline Complaints 0 Aug 16, 2013 2:44 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked United Trouble jezerceg American Airlines Complaints 1 Jun 28, 2012 9:01 PM
Reservations Website problems - payment issue MSP Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Feb 8, 2012 10:09 AM
Astrophysicist's Method Cuts Plane Boarding Times in Half AirlineComplaints.org General Discussion 2 Aug 31, 2011 4:13 PM