COMPLAINT: Turkish Airlines - Never again

Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:25 AM
alvin alvin is offline

Join Date: Jan 2012

On the 6th January I traveled from Istanbul to Erbil, Kurdistan. Upon my arrival both my bags were missing despite the flight being completely empty. The next day I received a call that my bags had arrived in Erbil. I went to collect them at Erbil International airport only to discover that only 1 bag had arrived and it was completely destroyed. The bag still missing contained most of my clothing and other important contents in order for me to conduct my business in Erbil. I called Turkish Airlines in Istanbul and had an extremely difficult time trying to firstly hear the agent on the other side of the line (sounded like the call was being placed from the bottom of a fish bowl)and the agents English was very poor. They were unable to assist me despite me giving them all the required information (tag numbers, flight numbers, boarding pass etc.) The contents of my luggage is probably worth more than US$ 3000 and some of the clothing was bought on my trips the the USA and can not be replaced. Today again I called Erbil airport to see if my bag had arrived but still nothing. In Istanbul I saw a pile of luggage scattered all over the place, some bags spilling their contents and I still remember thinking, thank goodness that's not my baggage, boy was that short lived. I saw on BBC and interview with the CEO of the company and he was telling the interviewer how great his company was and how they offered world class service. I think he needs to be re-interviewed and questioned about his companies poor service and how many of his customers have lost bags. I have visited various sites to express my anger about their service and was shocked to see how many other passengers have experienced the same thing. At Erbil airport they have a room full of lost and damaged bags and when you submit your claim via email you receive an automated response stating "***This is an Automated response***
Dear Sir/Madam,
We acknowledge receipt of your message and thank you very much for taking time to contact us.
We will study your request and due to high volumes will reply to you as soon as possible.

The message clearly reveals that they have a high volumes of lost baggage. Perhaps BBC should look into this and use this information when they next interview the CEO. I am taking this very personally and will stop at nothing to expose this airlines atrocious service. I urge all customers of Turkish airlines who have experienced the same sort of treatment to visit blog sites and social media sites to expose the poor service they are giving. I have no idea how they could have been voted Europe's best airline. Perhaps best airline in the category "Worst Airline in Europe"

Turkish Airlines game_over Turkish Airlines Complaints 3 Oct 10, 2011 8:34 AM
Turkish Airlines game_over Turkish Airlines Complaints 4 Sep 2, 2011 7:02 PM
Turkish Airlines/Lufthansa changes in flight schedule off the grid Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 1, 2011 4:45 AM
bad service: Turkish Airlines vos Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Oct 6, 2010 12:48 PM