Check-in / Boarding

Experienced problems during check-in or boarding?

Check-in / Boarding
Door And Flight Closed Early

Old May 16, 2013, 6:51 PM

Got to gate at 13 min before departure time. Door was closed. Agent would not let me board, saying "door and flight closes at 10 min before departure time." I pointed out that it was 13 min before departure time. She said sorry flight is closed. Plane was still there with plane door open. She opened the door and went down the ramp, but would not let me on.

I was headed to San Antonio to see my son who is graduating from his Army Individualized Training (AIT). He had family leave today from 2pm-8pm.
Now I won't get there until 7pm. Would have been there by 2:30pm.

Shame on you US Airways! Because your gate agent wanted to get to her break early, I lost 5 hours with my son who I havent seen since Jan 4th.

NEVER FLY US AIRWAYS!!! THey do not give a crap about anyone.
T.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old May 16, 2013, 8:09 PM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

What was the reason for the late inbound flight that caused you to get that gate so close to departure time?
Old May 22, 2013, 2:46 AM

The computer locks out the flight at 10 minutes till. Maybe not by your watch, but by internet time. In those 10 minutes the manifest and weight and balance must be finalized. That the plane is sitting there is irrelevant to making the flight.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
sucks