Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:09 AM
paulb paulb is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Suitcase broken on flight

I landed in Brisbane to find my case had lost one of it's wheels after being unloaded form the plane. Unfortunately i didnt realise until I got to my address, after 2 hours of phone calls I can make a claim but this involves me sourcing a reapir agent whilst on holiday, All claims go through Abu Dhabi, as I live in Dubai it doesnt make sense to tey and claim whilst I am half way round the world. Surely they should have someone who can make decisions at the destinations they fly to.

Not happy.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:35 AM

Most airlines will not cover this type of claim. If they are willing to pay you are lucky.

Customer Service Broken seat for $42, on BA likare British Airways Complaints 2 Jun 1, 2013 12:19 PM
Air Maroc TWICE misplaced my suitcase on the same journey ade Royal Air Maroc Complaints 1 Jan 11, 2013 9:44 AM
Baggage Problems Suitcase Destroyed nicolero Baggage Problems 3 Feb 28, 2011 6:18 AM
Baggage Problems Broken Stroller charprest Baggage Problems 4 Dec 23, 2010 5:28 PM
easyJet and my broken arm rehodnett easyJet Complaints 2 Apr 28, 2010 6:30 PM