COMPLAINT: Lost Luggage - No Help whatsoever

Old Apr 30, 2007, 2:46 PM
SusanBerg SusanBerg is offline

Join Date: Apr 2007

On Jan. 12, my children and I were supposed to go to L.A. to join our family for a 50th wedding anniversary on a cruise. Due to the ice storm we were canceled. We then rebooked our flight to arrive at the first port of call in Puerta Vallerta on January 16. We arrived there and without luggage. We filed the report as needed and were assured that we would have it that evening. Upon arriving at the ship we advised the porter. she then proceeded to call AA but was treated rudely each call. The entire ship my children and I had NO clothing or our toiletry items. Arriving on Sat. Jan 20, we went to the LA airport to look for our luggage. We received one of two of the suitcases. We filed another report for the second piece of luggage. After arriving in St. Louis, I filed another report. On Monday, Jan. 22, I called the customer baggage dept. and filed ANOTHER report. I was then faxed the proper report to complete. I did this and FAXED it on January 23 and January 24 and then mailed a hard copy as well. I called every week at least twice and asked what the status was on the suitcase. STILL LOOKING was the answer each time. The week of April 16, I received a letter stating I didn't follow procedure and therefore the claim is closed and no payment is due plus the suitcase wouldn't be looked for. I called and asked what documentation was missing - didn't know. I then sent a fax attention of a manager asking the same thing. I received a letter on April 20 stating our claim was reviewed and the claim would stand as is. I am very upset with AA and the way customers are treated. I haven't received an answer as to why, what, etc is needed. I am a single parent with two children trying to make ends meet and loosing a piece of luggage with our belongings hurts us financially as I had to replace the clothing, shoes, etc. that was lost. The claim is TUVIQI. I would appreciate any assistance in this matter as the employees there at the claim baggage dept. do NOT care at all about the customers. Thank you.

Baggage Problems Lost luggage that was stolen toothfairy American Airlines Complaints 2 Apr 4, 2009 8:30 AM
Customer Service Lost luggage-horrible customer service! tbotzon American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 16, 2007 11:00 PM
Baggage Problems Luggage lost & no help from United dunlea421 United Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 7, 2007 3:38 AM
Baggage Problems Luggage lost >2 weeks Barbara Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jun 24, 2007 5:30 PM
Customer Service Lost luggage pfox American Airlines Complaints 0 May 17, 2007 1:11 PM