Have you had any problems with Continental's Customer Service? Have Continental employees treated you poorly?

Horrible Flight Experience

Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:12 PM
Pregnant Passenger Pregnant Passenger is offline

Join Date: Feb 2008

My husband and I decided to sqeeze in one last vacation before our baby is born, to try and relax and escape the Cleveland winter. We could only get away for 5 days so I strategically scheduled our flights to maximize our vacation time and make our travel days as painless as possible (I'm 6 months pregnant). We had a very early flight (5:50 am) out of Cleveland with a connecting flight in Houston that was supposed to get us to Cabo San Lucas at 11:30 am. We arrived at the airport around 4 am, boarded our plane at 5:20, and then sat on the runway for 2 1/2 hours while they tried to fix a broken valve of some sort. At 8am we got off the plane and had to reschedule our connecting flight, which we had already missed, while the airline determined whether our flight would be delayed or cancelled. The flight ended up cancelled and we had to find another way to Houston and yet another connecting flight to Los Cabos. Finally, after waiting in line for over an hour we spoke to the an airline employee who wanted us to spend the night in Houston and fly to Cabo in the morning -completely unacceptable. We had to practically beg to be given a late flight out of Houston that would get us to Cabo around 10:30 pm (Pacific Time) which turned our 8 hour trip into a 20+ hour trip - oh, and we were given a $6 airport voucher for food that literally bought me a smoothie. When we arrived in Cabo we discovered that our bags had not made the trip and were forced to spend our first day of vacation (which should have been our second) in dirty clothes that were not appropriate for the weather. Our bags arrived at the hotel just before dinner on day #2.
The icing on the cake was the flight home from Houston to Cleveland. After sitting on the runway for an hour before taking off, I was anxiously awaiting the fasten seatbelt light to go off so that I could use the restroom (at 6 mos. pregnant, I have to go VERY frequently). The light never turned off (for the duration of the flight) but when I heard the announcement that the movie was about to start I figured now was my chance to go. I started to make my way down the aisle when a flight attendant starts backing a snack cart up the aisle towards me. I said "Excuse me I have to use the restroom" and she barked at me to stand in an empty aisle so she could pass by. There were no empty aisles, which I told her, and she said "Just stand right there" with my big belly in some guy's face as she went by. I made it to the restroom, came out, and as I was making my way back to my seat I saw that she was blocking my seat with the cart. She asked where my seat was, I pointed, and she said, loud enough for that whole section of the plane to hear, "OH, JESUS CHRIST!" and moved the cart so I could sit down. I felt humiliated! I know I did nothing wrong, but I felt like the entire plane was staring at me and watching this whole embarassing episode! I don't know if this was just a bitch of a flight attendant or if Continental doesn't value customer service on their flights, but I cannot see myself ever flying with them again.

Customer Service Etihad Airways - terrible experience zubairn Etihad Airways Complaints 7 Jun 30, 2013 3:06 AM
Reservations The worst airline experience ever - Flight sage1028 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Oct 2, 2008 6:33 AM
Customer Service Horrible NWA Customer Service Experience Bill_B Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Aug 22, 2007 12:06 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Worst airport experience of my life Beverly Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Apr 10, 2007 1:21 AM
In-flight Issue very late flight, food disgusting, horrible staff carinecita00 American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 8, 2007 2:31 AM