COMPLAINT: Lost luggage that was stolen

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:23 PM
toothfairy toothfairy is offline

Join Date: Dec 2006

Took a 1 hour flight Dec 25th from Cancun to Miami to find my luggage was gone. Was in Miami for 3 days with no luggage and American airlines was to give me only $50.00 to but items.

On my way home Dec 28th I inquired to a surpervisor to find out where my suitcase was and he found out 6 other suitcases from that flight were gone missing also. When I returned home I filed a claim amounting to $2800 of all my items. I had a Ms Townsend look after my claim who was very rude to me and rejected the claim. I had found out I had sent a wrong receipt in for an item so I rectified it from the store and sent a cancelled cheque in from that article. She then sent me another letter to tell me they have rejected my claim again. I had to phone her and she again told me I was a liar and that they are not compenstating me. I have called cutomer relations and got no where. PLEASE LETS BOYCOTT THIS AIRLINE.

Old Apr 3, 2009, 5:23 PM
rudybjr rudybjr is offline

Join Date: Apr 2009

That's why you can buy insurance for your belongings.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:30 AM

The airline is responsible for their negligent actions, regardless of the insurance status of the customer. There is no requirement to "insure yourself" against the negligence of others. What the problem is here, is it sounds as if the customer inflated their claim, was caught out and the airline decided not to deal with them as a result. A salutory lesson to the temptation to inflate your claim.

Baggage Problems stolen items from luggage genius Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 7 Jan 27, 2012 4:57 AM
Customer Service Stolen items from luggage Flight 850...Anyone else?? theocs American Airlines Complaints 1 Aug 18, 2008 4:47 PM
Baggage Problems Stolen items from luggage Peter Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 1 Oct 9, 2007 5:45 PM
Baggage Problems Luggage lost & no help from United dunlea421 United Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 7, 2007 3:38 AM
Customer Service Lost luggage pfox American Airlines Complaints 0 May 17, 2007 1:11 PM