COMPLAINT: Delta Changes schedules - and misrepresents refunds

Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:27 PM
Emzomarja Emzomarja is offline

Join Date: Apr 2013

I was traveling on delta with my young family over March 30, 2013 en route back from the west coast. We had a redeye from LA thru Detroit arriving at 6am. The connection was 8:30am. Delta elected to cancel our connection and move it to 12:30 leaving us with a 6 hour layover after traveling for 12 hours. The response from the company as to the reason for the schedule change was that it was a seasonal change. A quick check, a day after our travel, established the 8:30 am flight was scheduled as usual the following week. This was misrepresentation number 1.

In response to this situation, I inquired from Delta what the credit would be to cancel the last leg of my flight, and i would in turn drive the last leg which would save me 4 hours time in getting my family home. The refund department informed of the credit i would receive and was instructed to make the arrangement to cancel the last leg of the flight when i arrived in Detroit and then transfer to the refund department which would process my credit.

When i arrived in Detroit I cancelled the flight, sent for our bags arranged for a car at my own expense and followed the agent's instructions to request the refund. Upon processing the refund Detla provided me with detail which was $600 less than what i was told 4.5 hours earlier by the same refund department. Misrepresentation # 2.

Despite multiple efforts to address these questionable events with agents, supervisors and the customer care department....the accomodation Delta offered were flight vouchers, which is not very appealing for this consumer who would prefer not to continue to patronize a company that exhibits this type of business practice and ethics....not to mention the out of pocket costs incurred due to Delta's misrepresentations.

refund misrepresentation

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Refunds klv8 Spirit Airlines Complaints 10 Jan 25, 2013 10:20 PM
Customer Service Don't Trust USAir Refunds! Leo Customer Service 6 Nov 5, 2008 10:15 PM
Customer Service Very slow yo give refunds! rdtarap Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 8, 2007 6:17 PM