COMPLAINT: DELTA Continued LIES about Luggage

Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:23 PM
Fanixon Fanixon is offline

Join Date: Jan 2014

I have now been REPEATEDLY lied to about my luggage and where it is located. I flew in on Jan. 4th. I had been rerouted on an American Airlines flight to get to DFW (first leg of the trip) and then transferred to Delta for the next two flights in order to get MOB. I was told on the Jan. 5th that Delta had my luggage in Dallas. I was told on Jan. 6th that Delta sent my luggage to Detroit (WHY?). I have now been told that Delta is claiming that they only received my luggage from American Airlines on the 7th which is a lie as American Airlines (and a Delta rep) had previously informed me that they turned over the luggage to Delta on the 5th. There is no estimated time of delivery for my bags to my home - my bags that contain the majority of my ten month old baby's warm winter clothes including sweaters, coats, jeans, and pants. I was also told by Madison at the Augusta, Georgia baggage center that Delta would not reimburse me for a few winter things for my child until I could receive my bag which is now over three days past due.

I am trying to be patient, but this is ridiculous. I am over it and wondering why I ever flew with Delta or was loyal to Delta. I am demanding some adequate response to this situation which is completely caused by Delta's failure to do their job and properly handle baggage entrusted to them.

Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:45 PM
azstar azstar is offline

You were misinformed about reimbursement. Federal guidelines require the airline to reimburse you for "reasonable expenses". The key word is "reasonable". Your definition and theirs will certainly conflict. The following information was lifted from Delta's website regarding delayed baggage:

"Delta requires that receipts be presented for all reasonable expense reimbursements incurred due to the delay of your bag(s). Reasonable expenses generally are $50 per day for the first 5 days the bag is delayed. The guidelines for reasonable expenses are NOT daily limits or a cap and additional expenses may be incurred and should be handled on an individual basis up to the limit of liability. Any disbursements will be deducted from the final settlement if the bag is not located."

Baggage Problems Stolen Laptop From Checked Delta Luggage bf110c4 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Sep 30, 2013 2:25 PM
Customer Service Delta lies about hotel accommodation, leaves customer stranded KNicholas Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Nov 10, 2010 11:51 AM
Baggage Problems Delta Lost my luggage on a direct flight njvea Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Apr 1, 2010 2:24 PM
Baggage Problems Luggage delays, incompetence, lies classact1060 American Airlines Complaints 3 Jan 26, 2009 4:44 PM
Baggage Problems No luggage-lies-and agents who cannot read Abusedluggagepassenger American Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 5, 2008 10:57 PM