COMPLAINT: Another nightmare with Delta DL1819 + more

Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:17 AM
Magicaroma Magicaroma is offline

Join Date: Sep 2013

I should say that I am a Sky Miles Platinum Medallion member. I had decided to stop writing complains to Delta because I should have written one for each of my trip with Delta, such is the poor service that your airline is providing. However, this time it is really too much. So, I have to go from NY to Sacramento. I can buy a direct round-trip flight with Jet Blue at the price of $300 (economy class). Instead what do I do? In May 2013 I decide that I want to buy a K class ticket with Delta going to LA first and then second leg to Sacramento at the price of $700 because I want to upgrade with my miles on the JFK to LA flight. I call Delta and the representative tells me that there are upgradable seats available of the JFK to LA flight. Maybe not all of you know that if you want to upgrade any flight with Delta you are forced to buy a higher class ticket (K class)!!! Anyway, it gets worse than that. Yesterday, I am told that I will not have any upgrade on the JFK to LA flight. I was just furious, so I decided to change route to go through a shorter flight (I would have to fly economy anyway!!!). This is unbelievable but there is more to come!!!! The JFK to Minneapolis plane is delayed and although we are told that the connection plane in Minneapolis will wait in fact I get there at 5:20PM and the Delta representative does not let me go on the Minneapolis to Sacramento plane because she says that it is too late. You have no idea how upset I was!!!! Especially when I am not flying for pleasure but for very important business. So now I am on the plane to Salt Lake City and hopefully I will get into Sacramento after 3 legs and 10 hours flight!!!!! THESE ARE JUST NIGHTMARES that unfortunately happen very often with Delta.

Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:26 AM

This is a perfect example of the distorting effect of frequent flyer schemes, and how they operate to the advantage of the airline and against the interest of the consumer.

Delta...nightmare Xmas 2009 trip Emerson Delta Air Lines Complaints 10 Jan 12, 2010 10:44 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 17 hours nightmare trip thanks to Delta Quinn Delta Air Lines Complaints 6 Dec 15, 2009 2:58 PM
Customer Service Delta Nightmare Flight 1613 atlantanana Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Apr 4, 2009 8:22 AM
In-flight Issue Delta Nightmare - In First Class!! richb01 Delta Air Lines Complaints 9 Jan 8, 2009 2:05 AM
Reservations DELTA WEB SITE FOR BOOKING TRAVEL/HOTELS IS A NIGHTMARE! Canadian Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Oct 5, 2007 8:56 PM