COMPLAINT: JFK staff refuse to expedite late passengers

Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:34 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

After getting stuck in unexpected traffic this morning, an 8:25 AM flight, on my way to JFK I arrived at the terminal with 40 minutes to spare. I approached the security line only to have the E-Borading pass fail to load, 5 minutes gone. I let the representative know that I was running very close to my flight. He spits out "that's your problem you should have been here early." Now mind you I've been traveling for 40 years as I grew up in the industry (my Mom worked for Eastern and my Dad for Aerolineas). I was flat out shocked, I mean you can think that but to say it to a customer! He then proceeded to tell me I could pay $10 for a JetBlue Fastlane pass to make sure I made my flight. Legal extortion! I get in the full service line, 5 more minutes gone, only to be told that none are availabe since the counter is now closed for that flight. The only positive in the situation is the young counter agent tries to get me through only to be told by the same line agent that after my bad attitude I'd have to pay and the counter agent should bill me under a miscellaneous fee and give me a receipt. This takes another 5 minutes so now I'm down to 25 minutes. The Fastlane is short so I'm feeling better, turns out the TSA person checking tickets and ID's is running at 1/4 speed plus she'd also taking regular passengers one for one with Fastlane. Another 7 minutes lost, still no attempts to expedite passengers by JetBlue staff! I get through ecurity with 15 minutes to spare, its takes me 2 minutes to run down the terminal to gate 15, I arrive to find the boarding is already closed and there are 8 of us stranded an dthe next flight is at 5PM. No atempt to re-open the jetway as the aircraft was still there. There were no fianl boarding announcements, no calls over the PA for the last 8 of us, knowing full well we were in the terminal. One ederly man waited over an hour in the regular security line two others had tried paying the extortion of the Fastlane.

I'm just sooooo disgusted, the treatment is inexcusable, the attitude is inexcusable, the extortion is criminal at the least.

This will be the last time I fly JetBlue and I will take every opportunity to pass along my terrible experience!

SHAME ON YOU!

Shawn Baumgartner

Last edited by myusupra; Oct 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM.

Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:53 PM
TrixiDelite TrixiDelite is offline

Join Date: Oct 2013

If you've been flying for as long as you say, and you "grew up in the industry," then you darned well know that 40 minutes early for a flight is late for a flight. I don't think you have anyone to blame but yourself for this one.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:11 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

I won't disagree but you miss the more significant points of my complaint. I would also go as far as to say there are some that are beligerent and are always late, with technology available today they could be tracked and punished accordingly. But the vast majority are circumstances that were out of there control, especially with respect to the TSA.

It all comes down to customer service and they failed from the minute I walked into the terminal all the way to the gate. One of the other 7 that missed the flight also did arrive early and was still stuck in the security fiasco due to no attempt on the part of JetBlue's ground staff to help customers getting close to departure. They knew we 8 were in the terminal and likely in or almost through security. There was no final boarding call, no calling of or name, which I can verify is standard precedure for the flight I watched depart as I waited 8 hours for the next departure.

In my experience with Delta, whom I fly very regularly, in the handful of times I've been late they have made every opportunty to get me to the flight and I've only missed one flight which we knew was going to happen at MCO as expediting can't happen there due to the trams.

The JetBlue termina is well designed with respect to gate access, you are less that 100 yards from any gate once you are through security. So as far as I'm concerned there is no excuse to not have an expedite function especially during the morning crush, especially for those with carry ons.

Shawn
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:48 PM

I was flat out shocked
I am shocked, shocked that there have been several complaints from artards missing flights due to traffic related late arrivals at JFK posted in the last week.

I am shocked, shocked the JetBlue did not come to your house and make sure that you arrived at airport on time.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:55 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

If you've got nothing new to add Mr. JetBlue Troll then buzz off as Ive covered that angle knucklehead!

Shawm
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:06 PM

Shawm
I am shocked, shocked that the artard has not read enough other posts to know that I am a paid blogger for Delta.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:31 PM

Location: Berlin, Germany

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am flying Delta from now on because according to the OP Delta doesn't care what time you show up for a flight. If you are late they can just ignore the TSA and expedite you right to the gate. I am certain the OP is correct because his mom once worked for an airline that has been bankrupt for 25 years and he apparently was born and lived on an airplane as a child. It also seems that he has been traveling continuously for the last 40 years.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:07 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

Your comments are mis-guided Mr. Jetblue Nazi Troll.

It is clear your desire to demeanor or diminsh others when you have no idea what you are talking about shows your personal impotence.

In the end you will be judged and found wanting!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:12 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

Oh and now I have TSA Pre so I can show up 30 minutes before the flight and have almost no TSA BS to deal with!

If I showed up at ATL (excluding T gates) or MCO or at another station with long distances to gate or for an international flight I would agree that 40 minutes was too short but not at JetBlues terminal where security is so close to the gate area.

No attempt at expediting passengers is a no no under almost all circumstances.

I SAY NO TO JETBLUE!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:10 PM
stonecold_1981 stonecold_1981 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by myusupra View Post
I hope you know that TSA Pre is NOT guaranteed. Even if you have a TSA Pre Check mark on your boarding pass, you could be randomly denied and transferred to the regular security line. Anything less than 60 minutes, PreCheck or not, is cutting too close.

Check-in / Boarding Etihad airways refuse to board nasir_younis Etihad Airways Complaints 4 May 5, 2012 7:14 AM
Late Again!! laurad JetBlue Airways Complaints 1 Mar 6, 2011 12:31 AM
I Refuse to Fly EdB General Discussion 2 Nov 12, 2010 10:01 AM
In-flight Issue very late flight, food disgusting, horrible staff carinecita00 American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 8, 2007 2:31 AM