COMPLAINT: JetBlue Hates Business Travellers

Old Mar 14, 2011, 4:09 PM
vudublu vudublu is offline

Join Date: Mar 2011

Booked two recent trips on JetBlue. Both times received email saying "for detailed receipt click traveller name" with a hyperlink on the name. Upon taking the trips, I was gathering materials to submit for business reimbursement and the links will not give me receipts. I called JetBlue and they said the reciepts are only available until the trip is taken! Furthermore, the ONLY way to get a receipt is to email customer service - which replied saying that it will take up to 21 business days for a response! If I do not get the receipts in within the next ten days, I will not be reimbursed, so this trip comes out of my pocket. And then their customer service denier, Cher employee 40287, won't give me anyone else to speak with and refuses to give me a fax number to send a letter higher up the food chain. She says simply "wait your turn." Totally unacceptable - BUSINESS TRAVELLERS BEWARE!

Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:36 PM

Ridiculous on JB's part but for a short-term fix, can you just submit your personal cc receipts showing the purchase?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:23 AM

I agree... JetBlue are inflexible and uncooperative, but frankly so s your employer. Why aren't you equally annoyed at them.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:12 PM
vudublu vudublu is offline

Join Date: Mar 2011

Unfortunately my employer is a professional firm which bills its time and expenses to clients. The contract with this client states taht expenses not billed within X days of incurring that expense will not be paid. Makes more sense if you think about a client getting a huge unexpected bill after several months of services.
I am going to try to use a credit card printout. I have no cc receipt - that's exactly what the email from JetBlue was supposed to be. But I need something with my name, at least a partial cc number, and the amount on it, and until the cc statement comes out (also too late) I'm not sure what I can print from the cc site will be acceptable.
I always thought - and still think - that if someone charges your credit card they are obligated to give you a reciept. I would have nothing to complain about if the email from JetBlue said "This receipt will only be available until you take your trip." But it does not. And because business trips (generally) cannot be billed until after the trip is taken, this omission is critical to business travellers like me.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:08 PM

I can go online and look at my credit card info anytime I want and see what charges are there and whatnot. Is there a way you can do this? Print off a copy and problem solved for the employer. JetBlue is another story. I've never heard of not getting a receipt upon purchase before. Crazy.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:47 AM

It seems odd. In Sept last year, i made a booking for my son on jetBlue. I received an email confirmation with the flight reference number. On this email was a section called payment. This had a hyperlink which said "for a detailed receipt click here". This linked to a full receipt which could be printed. I just went back to that email and the link still works, so I an get the receipt. Have you checked this email, or are you trying to link via the website?

Customer Service United Airlines Hates Children nitro169 United Airlines Complaints 6 Nov 8, 2011 9:22 AM