Dividend Miles Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Fraud by US Airways in crediting miles

Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:40 PM

If you are flying on US airways and have a Dividend Miles account, you may have to closely monitor the number of miles they credit to your account. I have accidentally looked in to my account and to my utter amazement found out that the airline credited just 945 miles for a 4 hours flight from Spokane, WA to Phoenex, AZ to Los Angeles, CA just last week !! I called their customer services and was told by an arrogant agent that it is what I am entitled to !! Honestly ? I flew only 945 miles for 4 hours !! The week before this I flew from Phoenex, AZ to Spokane, WA and the miles for that flight is 1025. Can anyone imagine how it is then 945 miles for a flight from Spokane - Phoenix -Los Angeles ? I wrote a complaint to the company and will keep you posted as to what their response is.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:35 AM

Originally Posted by sri View Post
If you are flying on US airways and have a Dividend Miles account, you may have to closely monitor the number of miles they credit to your account. I have accidentally looked in to my account and to my utter amazement found out that the airline credited just 945 miles for a 4 hours flight from Spokane, WA to Phoenex, AZ to Los Angeles, CA just last week !! I called their customer services and was told by an arrogant agent that it is what I am entitled to !! Honestly ? I flew only 945 miles for 4 hours !! The week before this I flew from Phoenex, AZ to Spokane, WA and the miles for that flight is 1025. Can anyone imagine how it is then 945 miles for a flight from Spokane - Phoenix -Los Angeles ? I wrote a complaint to the company and will keep you posted as to what their response is.
Frequent flyer miles are based on the statute miles between city pairs, not flight times. You can approximate the number of miles you will earn through various websites (such as webflyer.com). Something between 945-1025 miles for a GEG-PHX flight does indeed appear to be about right. It does seem strange, however, that the mileage would differ in each direction -- even though the difference in this case isn't huge.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:42 PM

Thanks for replying. But I flew from Spokane to Phoenix and then from Phoenix to Los Angeles. I did not get the miles from Phoenix to LA. Air line says that is because the flight number was the same. It did stop at Phoenix and had a 1.5 hours lay over before departing to LA. So it is two flights. But the air line 'policy' is to count that as one flight.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:13 PM

Now why didn't you say that in the beginning. So you flew on a single flight (same Flight #) from Spokane to LAX? It just happened to make a stop in Phoenix on the way. Were you ticketed from Spokane to Phoenix, then again from Phoenix to LA? Or you just have one ticket - FLIGHT # XXX Spokane to LA? In which case the Spokane - LAX is the miles you would get from ANY airline. Accusing