In-flight Issue

Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:01 PM
Krystalraquel Krystalraquel is offline

Join Date: Oct 2009

Alright

I NEVER complain so when I do it's A BIG FRIGGIN DEAL PEOPLE!!

I am scheduled to fly to NYC with one layover in Baltimore. I, due to sleep deprivation did not get off my flight to catch my connecting flight to Baltimore. The real quetion here is "How on EARTH did Southwest not catch the fact that there was an extra person on the dang plane?!?!?"

This is the most outrageous situation I have ever heard of. Southwest, you have got to do a better job of managing your flights. Let us, for one second forget about my dingbat move of not getting off the plane, and instead think of the fact that I could just pay for a ticket to little rock and go to New York (compliments of Southwest.)

So you can stop reading here if you like but it GETS BETTER FOLKS!! So I am now giving into the fact that I cannot get to NYC tonight, so I'm staying in Buffalo. I rebooked my tickets for the next morning (which is now when I'm writing this.) I was for dang certain that I would not miss this one. I get to the check-in counter when (drumroll please) little miss personality tells me, in her thickest New York accent "Sweet'haut yauw flight was at 6:35 yhis morning..." to which I respoded "Are you KIDDING ME!!!!! That lady said 9:40!!!!" and I was answered with *no response*

so now I'm in standby in Buffalo and catching a flight Back to flippin Baltimore with a lovely 4 hour layover.... Thanks for everthing Southwest; it's been swell..

Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:04 PM
Krystalraquel Krystalraquel is offline

Join Date: Oct 2009

Alright

I NEVER complain so when I do it's A BIG FRIGGIN DEAL PEOPLE!!

I am scheduled to fly to NYC with one layover in Baltimore. I, due to sleep deprivation, did not get off my flight to catch my connecting flight to Baltimore. The real quetion here is "How on EARTH did Southwest not catch the fact that there was an extra person on the dang plane?!?!?"

This is the most outrageous situation I have ever heard of. Southwest, you have got to do a better job of managing your flights. Let us, for one second forget about my dingbat move of not getting off the plane, and instead think of the fact that I could just pay for a ticket to Little Rock and go to New York (compliments of Southwest.)

So you can stop reading here if you like but it GETS BETTER FOLKS!! So I am now giving into the fact that I cannot get to NYC tonight, so I'm staying in Buffalo. I rebooked my tickets for 9:40am the next morning (which is now when I'm writing this.) I was for dang certain that I would not miss this one. I get to the check-in counter when (drumroll please) little miss personality tells me, in her thickest New York accent "Sweet'haut yauw flight was at 6:35 yhis morning..." to which I respoded "Are you KIDDING ME!!!!! That lady said 9:40!!!!" and I was answered with *no response*

Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:27 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

And chalk up another one for Southworst.

I agree, how could they miss a body in one of their seats?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:16 PM
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline

Location: NY NY

I wouldn't so much blame SW for you being left on the plane, you'd think someone, ANYONE would have been kind enough to try and wake you up, right? Maybe a kindly fellow passenger gives you a little nudge? I recall once on a UA flight (I'm sure its more than once) where I've been the last to get off a plane only to see the flight attendents and pilots leaving at the same time as me. I think because they don't clean up after every flight that maybe that would be the reason why they didn't notice you. Maybe. don't hold me to that. Oh and bein a new yorker, I take slight offense to the Sweet'haut yauw flight was at 6:35 yhis morning..." That sounds more new jerseyian. But making fun of how someone talks, ain't gonna help you. If the woman the night before rebooked you for 9:40 am, did she give you any documentation on that?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:26 AM
mars6423 mars6423 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey/Singapore
Send a message via AIM to mars6423

i am suprised that they didn't realize you on the plane, but then again, they are NOT babysitters, it is your responsibility to be awake when you land and leave the plane

and did you check your new ticket/boarding pass when the flight to NYC was changed? or did you just go by what the person said?

and if that is what the agent said, than i dont see the personality in it, all i see is her showing that your flight was the earlier flight, and its not polite to make fun of other people's accents or way of talk, because to people in NYC you will have an accent, and i am sure you would not appreciate it if people were like oh yeah she is so rude and obnoxious she must be an outsider

so dont make fun of other peoples accents

maybe next time you fly you will either stay awake, or ask the person next to you to wake you up for landing
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:57 AM
Jetliner Jetliner is offline

Join Date: May 2008

The way Southwest handles a thru flight is they make an announcement that if you are staying on the aircraft for the next leg, to stay seated where you are. Once all the local passengers deplane, the flight attendant will come from the back and count how many thru passengers there are.

So - if a thru passenger got off, then the count would be right. If not, then it would have been one over, and Southwest should have checked out why (ask to see boarding passes, or at least get a list of thru passengers and check who is on board.)

To the original poster - by your same logic, someone could by a ticket to NY and get off in Baltimore. Flights are not priced based on how far you fly. Flights to NY have lots of competition, so the fares are lower than they might be to Baltimore.

Also please tell me what her accent had anything to do with what happened? She spoke in a heavy NY accent? Boy, never would have expected that in NY STATE!! For that matter we have them in Florida.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:57 AM
Jetliner Jetliner is offline

Join Date: May 2008

Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:58 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Really? How about YOU do a better job of managing YOUR life! Yet another example of someone with an inflated sense of entitlement not willing to take responsibility for their own actions or lack thereof. The plane landed, announcements were made, passengers deplaned, more passengers boarded, more announcements made, the plane taxied, took off...and YOU slept through it all? Are you sure you didn't pop an Ambien or some other sleep aid?

Even if you really are such a deep sleeper that all of that activity didn't wake you then you should be aware of that and notify a crew member so you can be awakened. But it's still the airline's fault!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 7:57 PM
Leatherboy2006 Leatherboy2006 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007

When in NYC, I will not eat at a Rays Pizza unless there is a bunch of loud yelling NYC Italians working there, cause you know your going to get great pizza They maybe loud but most of them would give you the shirt off their backs.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:55 PM

I am betting you love it Leatherboy when you get the shirt off their backs