SkyMiles Complaints

Delta makes Business travel worse

Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:59 PM
Jantonis Jantonis is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

I find it very difficult to use the award miles I accumulate on Delta. I have chose to fly only the direct PDX to AMS flight 4-5 times this year for convenience, but see little reason to continue. The 767 is very old and no individual monitors for in-flight entertainment. That has become very rare with all your competitors.

Similarly upgrades are impossible; however United and before that Continental too regularly upgrade me if a seat is available (regardless of the ticket fare price) and I have the same level of ff program (silver equivalent). I need 3k miles to reach 50k this year on delta and 2k to reach 50k on United. I will fly anywhere to make sure I get the united qualification. Next year...100k+ with United. Usually the routes are more important to me then the ff status, but Delta's is really that bad by comparison.

Here is more...

I looked to get an award ticket to TPE this coming summer...nothing from Delta without spending at least 95k for the least desirable route/ flight. Then it jumps to 120k miles. I chose to book two award tickets on United (65k each for the dates I wanted in June 2012).

Again, wanted to book some tickets to PSP in December 2011 (40k miles was the lowest). No shared dates with Alaska for dates around that time so I booked on Alaska (with my Alaska miles...yes, I travel a lot for business) for 32.5k for the dates I wanted (direct). Are you starting to understand. The business traveler is not liking what your offering. You need a more attractive ff program. Until then, I feel little motivation to work with Delta.

Customer Service Delta is worse than ever KENTREYNOLDS American Airlines Complaints 1 Oct 24, 2011 2:25 PM
Customer Service Loyal Delta Business Traveler No More JudeMorrow Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Oct 20, 2010 7:13 AM
Customer Service Can They Be Worse in ANY Aspect?? unhappy-with-united United Airlines Complaints 3 Jun 6, 2009 2:55 AM