SkyMiles Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Plain and Simple FRAUD

Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:57 AM

Ran into same problem on American Airlines. I had customer service check EVERY and I mean EVERY single week out to as far as their reservations would work to find ANY flight to allow me to go on a trip. Not a single seat available over an entire year. Its a complete LIE that they have seat availability. It was only after escalation and legal threats that they finally allowed me a seat ONCE inspite of my request to use all my miles up.

I am now doing the same on China-Airlines leveraging both their US airline partners Northwest and Delta. Again. NO Availability.

It is nothing short of simple and obvious FRAUD. These frequent flyer programs should be made ILLEGAL in their current structure. The CEOs of these companies SHOULD BE HELD LEGALLY LIABLE for perpetuating this fraudulent activity.

And these class action lawsuits are a complete joke!!. I have lost thousands of dollars in frquent flyer miles from these completely unethical, immoral, dishonest FRAUDULENT claims of these airlines.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:39 PM
Banned

as much as i agree with using miles, its a pain and hard to find seats sometimes, the airlines cant allow for everyseat on the aircraft to be purchased with miles. only a certain number of seats. and if your trying to travel using miles during the holidays good luck
Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:38 PM

Frequent flyer miles are an inducement to purchase a product. As the product was purchased as a result of the inducement, it is reasonable for the customer to be able to access the offer. If the inducement is not available, then I believe this is tantamount to fraud. No one expects the seats to be available on all flights and at all times.. however, in this case he had tried every week available and no flights whatsoever were available. That is fraud as far as I am concerned.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:01 PM

I'm sorry but I wouldn't call the mileage system fraud, myself and many others find it quite useful and comes in quite handy in a pinch. Because this guy is bothering customer service to book a seat... to where? I dunno. Where are you going? what time you wanna leave? When do you want to return? How can there be no mileage seats one year in advance? Sir if you have to resort to threats just to get your way, I'm sorry then miles program is not for you. secondly jail, you are not really wasting the miles, the program is put in place to reward the airlines frequent travelers so that they insure that you keep using them for whatever travels you intend to take. If the program didn't exsist and you're a business or frequent traveler, then you'd make the trek anyway. again it's a reward system. Any seasoned traveler who uses the system, knows that 85 to 95% of the time, it works. I wouldn't call it fraud if your calling and threatning and not getting your way, it comes down to you not doing something right. Oh yea and work on this message as its not very clear what it is your trying to say.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:03 PM
Banned
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

if thats the case about every flight being unavailable for an entire year, then i belive that is fraud. i always look online though, that way i know if an airline is BSing me or not about seats being available