SkyMiles Complaints

Not enough Sky Mile seats!

Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:00 AM
tomNY tomNY is offline

Join Date: Mar 2007

I tried to get tickets to Jamaica, 6 months in advance using my Delta Sky Miles. I was told by Delta that there were no seats remaining on that flight for Sky Mile users. When I looked into how many seats were available for that flight, I found out that there are 120 seats open for people who want to pay cash for a seat on that flight.

There were 150 seats total on that plane. Out of 30 seats that are filled, that does not leave a high percentage of seats that were made available for Sky Mile users. Delta then had the nerve to tell me that for an extra 30,000 Sky Miles per ticket I could have as many tickets on that flight as I wanted. Sounds like extortion to me!

Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:40 PM
Hank Man Hank Man is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

As of July 2010 Delta only about 13% of Delta's mileage redemption queries resulted in reward seats. Here's the link: http://milecards.com/542/best-and-wo...or-redemption/

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta assigned our seats to someone else + lost our luggage HollyMax Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Sep 11, 2007 1:04 PM