SkyMiles Complaints

delta Promotion fraud

Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:31 PM
shueyf shueyf is offline

Join Date: Jun 2009

My delta skymiles account number is 241284#### and my wife’s is 245684####.
This issue concerns both our accounts equally. Please read carefully because I have been misunderstood a few times already. You had a promotion at the end of last year. The promotion # was 97062124 and you pulled it after 3 days and only honored those who had registered before you pulled it. At the beginning of December I called to complain that although both I and my wife had tried to register before the promotion was pulled, we had received an error message on your website. I spoke to a supervisor who advised me that he had heard this had happened to a few people and that he would manually sign me up for the promotion. This is noted on both our accounts at the beginning of December. Based on that information both I and my wife transferred 40000 points each from starwood to delta. However we have not received the 150% bonus we were promised. In subsequent phone calls and investigations I was told that I wasn’t really eligible and the supervisor who had put me on manually had made a mistake. I finally called corporate and after 1 ½ months of not hearing anything I called in to find out that my claim had been rejected without even telling me or calling. My point here is that whether or not the supervisor was right or wrong, he still misled me into transferring my valuable starwood points. I never would’ve transferred them if not for the promotion, and therefore this is a very serious legal issue. I actually loss serious value because of what I was told by a delta supervisor. Either honor the bonus as promised and credit me 65000 in each account or refund my starwood points. Please be in touch with me on my cell phone if necessary at 702-845-####.
Joshua Fromowitz

Old Jun 7, 2009, 2:31 AM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

This "promotion" has been discussed on several other airline forums including FlyerTalk.com. It appears that this was a very limited or even targeted offer and when word got out about it on the internet Delta immediately pulled it and denied many of the bonuses based on the escape clause "terms, conditions and participating partners can be changed at any time without prior notice" or some such legal-ese BS.

It seems some who where bamboozled by this "bait and switch" have had some success when contacting Starwood to have their SPG points pulled back from Delta. You might want to try this route as it seems even repeated inquiries to Delta SkyMiles go unresolved or are flat out denied.

Reservations Best Price Guarantee an exercise in fraud dlysb70 Delta Air Lines Complaints 8 Jul 19, 2012 9:22 PM
Reservations Flight booking fraud maggie Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Dec 4, 2008 4:45 PM
Plain and Simple FRAUD JailAirlineCEOS SkyMiles Complaints 4 Nov 14, 2008 5:03 PM