COMPLAINT: Virgin Atlantic-poor service-will not fly again

Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:24 PM
Wicked T Wicked T is offline

Join Date: Aug 2011

Where should I start? Employees telling my 83 year-old mother she had to run to make the plane since they had booked such a tight connection? No, I'm here to talk about their lack of customer service which shows in every part of the experience. Specifically, my almost new luggage was totally trashed on the return flight from London. The bag was ripped, a zipper broken, and the extender in the handle was broken so it will no longer extend. I filed paperwork at the airport and was told I would be contacted in 30 days. Nothing happened, so after contacting their customer-no-service, I was told I had to file a separate claim within 7 days. I guess the original paperwork was not an "official" claim, and I was never told this needed to be done. It is a racket, so please learn from me, and find out how to file immediately-and don't let the stooges at the airport tell you differently.

Another warning-their business class seats are wide, but instead of placing the armrest between the seats as on domestic flights, they put it on top of the arms so it cuts into the seat space. This could be an issue for larger customers.

Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:15 AM
mlfiller mlfiller is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

Recently flew the Virgin Atlantic flight from London to Los Angeles. Nice aircraft, on time service, but the seats in the economy section are the smallest, tightest, and most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. It would have been not too bad for a short flight, but for a 11 hour trans- atlantic flight, this was cruel and unusual punishment. You better pay for their economy-plus seats if you are average height or above.

Virgin Atlantic - warning clw204 Virgin Atlantic Complaints 0 Aug 2, 2011 12:07 PM
Virgin Atlantic (dangerous bed) Annoyedupperclasscustomer Virgin Atlantic Complaints 3 Mar 9, 2011 8:03 PM
Appalling service from Virgin Atlantic Maryline Belle Virgin Atlantic Complaints 0 Feb 14, 2011 7:46 PM
Virgin Atlantic ivan Virgin Atlantic Complaints 0 Nov 20, 2007 1:44 AM