COMPLAINT: Property STOLEN from Baggage

Old Nov 19, 2007, 3:34 PM
Brianmv7 Brianmv7 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Peoples Republic of New Jersey

On a flight from Springfield, MO to Philadelphia I picked up my bag in Philly and arrived home to notice everything in my bag was in dis-array. I figured the mess was due to a safety inspection, WRONG, my fishing reels along with the personalized case they were in had been removed along with my fishing knife, Zippo lighter, digital camera, and some gifts I had purchased for my wife and son. What is wrong with people? How can the airline allow this to happen? That may be an unfair question, but when you consider the fact that you are not allowed to lock your baggage and it is subject to inspection, the people involved in these inspections would have to be monitored ? How did the thief get out of the work place with the stolen property (that would not fit in ones pocket) without being noticed? Did he / she simply say "I came to work with 4 fishing reels today" ! The worst part is: When I called American to file a complaint I was told it should have been done at the A/P ? Who inspects their baggage at the A/P? Then I was told if I wanted to file a complaint I would have to return to the A/P it could not be done over the phone! When I went back to the A/P Americans Baggage office, I was told basically, Tough SH_T and sent on my way. Thank you American Airlines! I dont know what the other airlines policy is, but DO NOT PUT ANY THING OF VALUE IN YOUR BAGGAGE!!! Who knows what the baggage thieves will consider valuable!

Old Nov 19, 2007, 3:35 PM
Brianmv7 Brianmv7 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Peoples Republic of New Jersey

My reply is the above posted thread, that would not post on the first try!

Baggage Problems Items Stolen from Baggage back in August Chris323 Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 2 Mar 4, 2008 3:38 PM