Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:28 PM
stancosti stancosti is offline

Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Re-scheduling not allowed

My issue relates to re-scheduling a return flight with Lufthansa and being blocked due to regulations that were not stated at the time of booking.

I have purchased online a round-trip ticket from Lufthansa. At the time of purchase, I didn't register any flight or fare restrictions. Recently, I tried to re-schedule the flight but being rejected because I paid the cheapest price on the fare for its class. Such conditions were not displayed and not explained at all at the time of booking. It forces me to book another ticket, probably a different airline from now on. I denounce this incident as a bad practice for the airline company that would disadvantage any customer, not only myself.

Can you please advice on my options at this point?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:37 PM
madsing madsing is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012
Angry I have stopped using Lufthansa online booking system

I experienced a similar issue, also with Lufthansa, in May 2012.

The point is that the fare conditions (for rebooking and/or cancellation) displayed on the Lufthansa web site, during the online booking process and even printed on the ticket are not correct.

Moreover, Lufthansa customer support is not willing to help at all. I reported my case to them, but they quickly closed it and stopped replying to my emails.

I have completely stopped using Lufthansa online booking system since that issue. I frequently fly United and Singapore Airlines, and often use their online booking system without any problem.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:46 PM

If Lufthansa prints on their tickets and their website, Terms and Conditions that it does not honour, take them to court. No court will find in their favour if they actually publish incorrect information.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:05 PM
one_step_beyond one_step_beyond is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012

Fare conditions are always stated on lh.com see the attached screenshot. So either the previous posters are telling porkies or the tickets were booked on a 3rd party website.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:47 AM
adanzigger adanzigger is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012
Unhappy Lufthansa policy ???

We bought return tickets to Europe from Sydney via Hong Kong for about 2,500 AUD. In Hong Kong we were late for our Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt. Fine, it was our fault; we were told by the Lufthansa workers that we would have to buy new tickets to Europe but what was most surprising was the fact that they cancelled our return tickets, too. Apparently if you miss one leg of your journey, they cancel its return equivalent. We were stuck in Hong Kong, noone really was very helpful, everyone from Lufthansa was urging us to pay 3600 AUD for the tickets to Europe and back. So, eventually we bought Virgin tickets back to Sydney and we are trying to get our money back at least for the return ones. Does anyone know how to deal with this? We are devastated, we lost 3000AUD each.

CheapoAir charges for airline scheduling error [email protected] Other Airline Complaints 4 May 15, 2011 12:36 AM
Check-in / Boarding Not ALLOWED on flight, ON TIME!! simpsolm Check-in / Boarding 2 Apr 23, 2011 4:08 AM
Customer Service Not Allowed on Board Emaroto American Airlines Complaints 4 Apr 11, 2009 3:37 AM
In-flight Issue 4 yr old son not allowed back to seat then bfagan213 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Jul 12, 2008 1:10 AM
Customer Service Not allowed to board Sonya American Airlines Complaints 0 May 18, 2007 9:28 AM