COMPLAINT: Lost our luggage and no one answer

Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:36 PM
YoannG YoannG is offline

Join Date: Aug 2017

Flight 0655 Dubai to Paris on the 22 August 2017.

We flew for a very special occasion of the 60th birthday of my mother in law to celebrate with the entire family in Paris. All of which flew in internationally on the same day in order to meet as a surprise.

But Air France succeed to ruined our vacation, by losing the luggage of my wife, reference CDGAF58236, on the direct flight. Containing all her clothes, make up, all the gifts etc.. for my mother in law and other family members who we had not seen in over 4 years

How can this be possible? Until now 30th August, Air France still didnít find our luggage.

I tried to call the customer service for 3 days during my holiday, who constantly asked me to wait for 5 minutes, however an hour later we were still waiting to get for someone to speak to us.
No one could give us an answer, the only thing they say is you just need to do the online request and thatís all. What level of service is this?

I have, since this issue occurred, heard that Air France now outsource the customer service abroad, therefore it is clear that there has been no training on true customer service to the level that there once was and all for saving on your costs. Not what I expect for such a well know airline carrier.

On the 27th Aug when we were back in Dubai after 5 days doing nothing and all our plan canceled, we received an email asking us to claim the clothes we purchase with receipt.

First of all, no one from your customer service team informed us that clothes purchased after this inconvenience could be refunded, therefore we did not keep the receipt. In addition to this, your policy covers Air France guests for up to 100 EUROs only; for a 5 day stay this is a ridiculous amount which will not afford or cover the cost of a few garments let alone an entire wardrobe which was lost by your team.

I have lived abroad for many years now and mostly fly via Emirates yet on this special occasion i was convinced by compassion and patronage to fly with Air France only to be met with is abysmal and disrespectful treatment.

You have not only ruined this trip for myself and my family yet cost us a great deal of financial and emotional issues.

I would expect a senior manager in your organization to contact me yet rest assured this is the first and last time I or any of my network use or positively promote your services.

Baggage Problems lost luggage FirstTimeFlyer Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Nov 16, 2012 10:35 AM
Baggage Problems Lost Luggage Upset traveler American Airlines Complaints 1 Jan 26, 2012 8:12 AM
Baggage Problems Lost Luggage shapirom United Airlines Complaints 2 Dec 12, 2011 8:00 PM
Baggage Problems Lost Luggage Julia2 Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 23, 2008 6:19 PM
Customer Service Lost luggage pfox American Airlines Complaints 0 May 17, 2007 1:11 PM