Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Delay UA 41 BRU to EWR 7/31/13

Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:33 AM

When we arrived in Brussels for our flight to EWR scheduled for 10:00 am we were informed that the flight was delayed until 1:20 PM. The flight was overbooked but we took off and landed at the revised times. We received an e-mail from United expressing there apologies and inviting us to visit their website :"united.com/appreciation" to select a token of their appreciation. I filled out the form as requested but there was nothing to select as a token. When I filled out my wife's form, it was the same, nothing to select and I noted a comment to that effect. To date, we have heard nothing further from United.

This trip to Berlin was the worst we have encountered over the years. Three flight segments, 2 major delays and 3 complaints in all. Poor communication and service overall.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:46 AM

The standard response you would get from most people who are familiar with this airline is "What do you expect? It's United".
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:42 PM

Look up rule 261/04. If you landed more then 3 hours late you are entitled to compensation of up to 600. Ignore them if they suggest it doesn't apply to them, it does as the flight originated in an EU country. Next attempt to wriggle out will be the "extraordinary circumstances" excuse. You can test the by complaining to the competent authority.. Which in this case is the Belgian CAA. Fill in ths form and email, in English is ok, to them.

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes...nt_form_en.pdf
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:05 AM

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.