Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:05 PM

Angry A change in flight but no refund

I recently booked online and purposely picked one leg of my 4 leg trip that was more expensive than others. It was at a more convenient time. I received confirmation but the very next day I received a notice that United changed that particular leg to one not as convenient. I had looked at that as an option originally and noted that it was $90 less expensive but decided not to take it. They changed my flight but charged my credit card for the orignal selection. Has anyone had this happen?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:24 AM
Banned

Most airlines if contacted within 24 hours of ticketing will give you a refund even on a non-refundable fare. No questions asked. Unfortunately if you weren't aware of the schedule change or didn't contact them within this window then unfortunately if the schedule change isn't "major" you'll probably just get a free change of your itinerary but not a full refund.

I would suggest, however, that you write to UAL customer relations and explain that you initially paid more for ticket due to the convenient timing. They might, since you were re-booked to the other connection anyway, issue you a voucher for the original difference in fare. It's worth a try anyway.

Quote:
Helen Chellin
Manager, customer relations
United Airlines
P.O. Box 66100
Chicago, IL 60666-6100

Last edited by PHXFlyer; Jul 28, 2009 at 5:29 AM.

More options...