COMPLAINT: Assume Closure/Non Response

Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:59 AM
CharlieChew CharlieChew is offline

Join Date: Feb 2016

Hi All

I've a very unpleasant trip and after sales service with Emirates. The incident of the trip I shall not elaborate. In short, I was going for a 5 days fishing trip in New Zealand but due to baggage delay, the itinerary was somehow altered. Cost also went up. Emirates initiated to compensate with the rental of fishing equipment. But when I attached the rental invoice, they rejected the claims stating that they doubt the VERACITY of the invoice. The invoice was produced by a GST registered company in NZ, with business address, Invoice number and contact details.

After the last email from Emirates, I wrote in a couple of times to request for the reasons for declining the claims but no reply from them. My last email to them on 4 Feb.

So much "Service" from the 5th Ranking Airlines 2015 - Wonder why dropped from 4th (2014) to 5th.
Below are the emails correspondence:

(1)
20 January 2016

Dear Mr Chew,

Thank you for your e-mail message of 20 January in connection with your baggage claim.

I have taken this opportunity to review your concerns along with all relevant reports and would like to respond to you.

I do regret the inconvenience you experienced on this occasion when your fishing rod was delayed. I also note your feedback regarding the delivery service, which is being reviewed with the relevant department Managers and the concerned staff, for internal assessment and necessary action.

May I clarify that delayed delivery payment is only offered to passengers to assist with purchases of an immediate need, when their bag containing clothes and toiletries, is delayed. Delayed delivery payment does not cover any consequential expenses. Since your fishing rod was delayed, regrettably, you are not eligible to receive this payment. However, we will be pleased to review your claim, should you had incurred expenses in renting a fishing rod whilst your fishing rod was delayed. You may send us a copy of the rental receipt, by e-mail.

Mr Chew, whilst I regret the difficulties you may have been put through on this occasion, regrettably, we are unable to further assist you on this occasion. Your claim may be covered by your travel insurance policy. May I respectfully suggest that you contact your Insurers who may be able to assist you further with your claim.

Thank you for allowing me to restate our position.

Nawal Al Suwaidi
Customer Affairs Manager

(2)
28 January 2016

Email: [email protected]

Dear Mr Chew,

Thank you for your e-mail message of today in connection with your baggage claim.

We doubt the veracity of the invoice which you have submitted and therefore, we are unable to consider your claim. Please complete the attached Claim Settlement Form for the sum of Singapore Dollars 95.76 and return a scanned copy with your signature, bank account details and a copy of your passport, by e-mail or fax, for payment equivalent in local currency. Our e-mail address is [email protected] and our fax number is +971 4 2864120. Please ensure that attachments by e-mail are less than 1 MB. On receipt of the completed form, payment will be arranged, which will take approximately 21 days.

Regrettably, we are unable to further assist you on this occasion.

Shashikala Saravanan
Customer Affairs

(3)
31 January 2016

Email: [email protected]

Dear Mr Chew,

Thank you for your e-mail message of 29 January.

As advised by Ms Shashikala Saravanan, in her e-mail message of 28 January, we are unable to consider the invoice which you have sent us. Should you wish to accept the sum of Singapore Dollars 95.76, please return the completed Claim Settlement Form, along with a copy of your passport, for payment.

We have nothing further to add and must now consider this matter closed.

Nawal Al Suwaidi
Customer Affairs Manager

Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:38 AM
CharlieChew CharlieChew is offline

Join Date: Feb 2016

Since the last email from Emirates, I've sent in multiple chasers and made several calls still no news. Applause for this airline.

Customer Service Nil Response Peter Hall Air France Complaints 4 Aug 9, 2011 5:25 PM