In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: In flight service and post flight.

Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:58 AM
oluwafemio oluwafemio is offline

Join Date: Apr 2016

On flight EK 784, 3 restrooms in economy were labelled out of service and locked. I asked for hot water during the beverage service and it took about 30 minutes to come.

Flight EK 232 on the 12th of March was severely delayed and didn't depart till about 6 pm on the day. I called Emirates during the day and was told that I had been automatically rebooked to leave DXB on the 14th, as connecting flights on the 13th would have departed DXB for LOS by the time EK 232 arrived DXB. I was further informed that a hotel had already been booked for me on arrival in DXB. On further enquiry about details of hotel, I was told that they did not have any details but I would be provided with same in DXB.

During check in at the airport in IAD, I was given a meal voucher for use at DXB. During the flight I also requested for hot water and it took longer than usual in my own view to come.

On arrival in DXB, I was given a hotel voucher and told that I would be staying at the Copthorne Hotel. I was shuttled to the hotel from the airport and checked in by hotel staff. I was given a complimentary 2 hour internet but no complimentary phone calls. I was told it was an either or thing. I chose the complimentary internet service. The hotel room was clean and comfortable but had no toiletries such as tooth paste and brush, moisturizer and such like. It also had no pressing iron or ironing board. On further enquiry at the front desk,I was told that the hotel is not a luxury hotel but a transit hotel.I was told this by Emirates staff who man the airlne desk at the hotel. I was rather disappointed with such comments knowing fully well I was not at the hotel by choice. Also I had no access to my luggage. I therefore could not have a bath and was most uncomfortable wearing the same clothes for 48 hours.

On arrival at DXB on the 14th, I was told that value of my meal voucher was AED16.75 and nothing more. Thats the equivalent of $4.56 using currency converter for a meal for an adult!!! My voucher was used at Mcdonalds. I wont say anymore about meal.

I lodged a complaint at the airport and the check in officer claimed she sent an email to the appropriate offices on my behalf. She took my details and I am yet to hear anything from anyone at Emirates. This was my first time of flying Emirates and it definitely will be my last as my experience leaves much to be desired. At the appropriate time I plan to also share my experience in a blog.

Thank you very much for reading my email. I am definitely not expecting to hear back from anyone at Emirates as that seems to be norm.

Kind regards,

Ayoola Adedeji.

Check-in / Boarding Denied Flight With Service Dog service dog Southwest Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 7, 2013 7:34 PM
Customer Service Delayed flight, missed flight, poor customer service AzraTucker United Airlines Complaints 2 Apr 10, 2012 2:57 PM
Customer Service Poor all round service - from check-in to in-flight service rgray United Airlines Complaints 1 Jun 17, 2010 7:01 AM
Check-in / Boarding flight 2074 completely bad service... Monica.Marin24 American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 6, 2009 3:14 AM