COMPLAINT: Female passenger physically assaulted by Emirates employee

Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:47 AM
Ex-Emirates Flyer Ex-Emirates Flyer is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

I was an Emirates passenger on the 16th of December 2016 on Flight EK407.

During a boarding process at Gate 11 in Melbourne Airport, one of the Emirates boarding staff members by the name of Alan physically assaulted me in front of all the passengers and another Emirates colleague who simply stood by. All because I attempted to walk past him toward boarding without his permission. It was a shocking and humiliating experience as he slammed his hands into my chest, grabbed the lapels of my jacket and shoved me hard away from the gate. Prior to this, he had been yelling at me. I cried for two hours on the plane. I issued a formal complaint to Emirates but have received no reply for over a month now.

No apology and no compensation was offered by the boarding team when this happened. Instead I was actually told the seat I pre-selected was given to someone else so that a family can sit together and I was placed near the toilet ensuring my lack of sleep on the 14-hr flight.

I am considering reporting the incident to the Victoria police seeing as Emirates has not taken the time to handle this at all...there is bound to be CCTV footage showing the incident.

emirates airline, physical assault

Check-in / Boarding Check in Employee [email protected] American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 5, 2016 2:57 PM
Check-in / Boarding Severe harassment of lone female travelling with 2 year old baby drrachit Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Mar 29, 2015 3:09 AM