COMPLAINT: Terrible customer service, negligence and disregard for their rewards members

Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:01 PM
suehil2k suehil2k is offline

Join Date: Jan 2016

Hello, I am writing to you due to the consistently deplorable service I have received on my last 4 flights with emirates airlines. On December 21, 2015 we took a direct from Seattle to Dubai (EK228), once we landed we went to the belt to pick up our luggage's only to find one of two luggage's. We went to the luggage service with Emirates, and we ended up waiting 4 hours for them to find our luggage only to repeatedly tell us they found it and its on its way to we cannot locate it, sending us on a wild goose chase around the DXB airport. On December 27, 2015, we took a flight (EK805) from Dubai to Jeddah, the lady at the check in counter never asked us whether we are going to do Umrah and she never mentioned anything about labeling our luggage with Umrah tag even though she saw our Umrah visa! No one mentioned that if our luggage didn't get labeled with Umrah by Emirates staff, that our luggage would be taken to a separate terminal. When we landed in Jeddah, both me and my wife's luggage couldn't be found at the belt. They told us that our luggage was suppose to be labeled by the Emirates staff at the check in counter (emirates FAIL). Because they didn't label our luggage they ended up going to the North Terminal in Jeddah airport which is separate from the Umrah terminal we landed in. They told us we would have to wait 3 hours for them to bring them to us or we take a taxi for 250 riyals just to go to the North Terminal which is 10 km away. We ended up paying for a taxi and going there only to go through another difficult process with airport Emirates staff to get into the luggage belt area to get our luggage ourselves. Finally on our last flight into Dubai back from Medina airport on the 31st of December we arrived to Dubai to find my wife's luggage was completely damaged an had to get a new one from the left luggage department downstairs which took 3 hours after each counter at the Dubai airport referred us somewhere else or that we return days later! We were looking forward to flying with Emirates for our whole trip. We are members of the rewards program. So far these two experiences have been the worse for us. We flew with many different airlines an fly regularly for work but our experience with Emirates has been by far the worst. We had flight from Madinah to Dubai on December 31 (EK810) and from Dubai to Seattle on January 5, 2016 (EK229) and we were stressing about them because we don't want to go through this struggle and hassle again an lose our luggage and STILL errors on the part of emirates happened. We are emailing to request re-compensation/reimbursement for the taxi that had to take to the north terminal in Jeddah and for the hours we wasted and the physical exhaustion an this deplorable customer service. A gentleman by the name of Waqar Ahmed at the office in Jeddah was helpful an informed us to contact you and that he would be sending pictures of the unlabeled bags. This airline prides itself on being a class above the rest, I would like to see that in action for once. So far I have not been able to actually reach anyone, they give me some lame customer service number and its a sales rep who cant do anything but tell me they will email customer affairs on my behalf an that's it. after submitting my formal complaint to the emirates website I got a ticket number NYC/X/VS/311215/7089​030 and this was what was in the email "Thank you for your recent correspondence.
The events that you have described are being looked into and one of our Customer Affairs Officers will write to you once our review is complete.
The review itself may involve a number of operational departments, and possibly third-party providers, therefore our response to you may take up to 30 days. Please be assured that we will do all possible to reply inside 30 days.
In any future correspondence with us, please quote the above reference.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us"
That's it? seriously? I have to wait a month? you can take my money quick but cant help me just as quick? I swear I have had better service on Delta, Luftansa, KLM, American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, EVEN RYANAIR and VUELING!!!

Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:45 PM
suehil2k suehil2k is offline

Join Date: Jan 2016

I want a response from Emirates regarding this matter ASAP not 30days later and would like to know what Emirates will do to take care of this matter.
My name is Suehil Abdurrahman
Itinerary JIINE2
SkyRewards: EK495603850

Customer Service Terrible Customer Service llutterman United Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 24, 2015 10:20 PM
Customer Service Terrible Customer Service from AA JaimeF American Airlines Complaints 1 Mar 23, 2011 11:50 PM
Qantas negligence and horrible customer service! uniquevariety01 Qantas Complaints 1 Dec 26, 2010 3:50 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked charleston service cancelled, terrible customer service jmb Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 16 Oct 24, 2009 6:38 PM
Customer Service Terrible Customer Service cstaab United Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 19, 2007 12:36 AM