Reservations
COMPLAINT: Their faulty online system cost me money

Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:28 PM
Bikepianopete Bikepianopete is offline

Join Date: Mar 2016

Trying to book a flight to Bangkok from Gatwick the Emirates site told me there were no flights on my dates. I tried several times. I just couldnt go on those dates. This was some 14 weeks in advance of the travel date. I had no option but to book to Kuala Lumpur and get a local flight up to Bangkok. 2 weeks later I was looking out of interest at the flights again only to be told again there were no flights but I should call them. I spoke to a lady who confirmed there was a problem and that she could over ride it, and change my flight to Bangkok. Then she charged me 105 for the change. My point is that it was their system that caused the problem, and so it is not right that I should pay for it. I know we get charged to change a booking but this is a special case and not my fault. When I questioned it their sales people just fobbed me off by saying I was too late to change it.
So, I feel extremely disgruntled and resent that Ive got to fly with them at all now. I am paying for their mistake and they use the excuse that I wasnt quick enough.

booking problem, booking system failure, unfairly charged

Reservations Beware of unjust late guidelines! -Cost me $2800, cost United $80 Jerry Gadbois United Airlines Complaints 0 Oct 1, 2012 2:05 PM
Reservations Don't Use Online Reservation System! MosesLuna Southwest Airlines Complaints 3 Aug 7, 2012 5:10 PM