In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Two toilets for 56 passengers on a 16+ hour flight

Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:06 AM

Join Date: Aug 2013

The Dubai to Auckland route is a new one, so I guess you can expect teething problems. I found a serious one in that for a 16+hour flight, there were only two toilets available in Business Class (which was fully booked - 56 passengers!) The toilets were in constant use, and several people were dancing cross-legged in the aisles, waiting to relieve themselves. (The few toilets in economy were similarly continually occupied, and in a terrible state) The Cabin crew apologised and sympathised, saying they raised this health and safety concern with management, who did nothing. They asked us, the passengers, to complain.
So I did complain to Emirates, who gave me the most imperious of brush offs - they were sorry that my "experience did not meet with my expectations"- all MY FAULT, in other words. They saw no issue with having only two toilets available to Business Class passengers on a long flight, and there were no plans to update the cabin layout.
So not even a real apology or mention of any compensation: they did not take me or the issue seriously. Who, outside of a 1950's Soviet Gulag, thinks that two toilets for 56 people is adequate?

Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:06 PM
Burgers Burgers is offline

Join Date: May 2013

I thought for business class 56 seats for 2 lavs is high. Personally I think 1:20 is about the upper limit. I was curious which aircraft that would be and its a 777LR on that route, not surprising given the distance. Apparently you didn't count accurately because the LR has 42C/J and 2 lavs, so 1:21, not great but if you are going to complain you shouldn't exaggerate or they won't take you seriously.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:38 AM

Join Date: Aug 2013

You sound like you work for Emirates with your rude and dismissive post. I invite you to dismount from your high horse and just think about the outrageous claims YOU are making about me exaggerating.

I was on that stupid flight for 16 hours, running up and down the aisles, which gave me ample opportunity to count the seats - 56 passengers in business class is the accurate total. I find it infuriating that people dismiss first hand accounts for what is SUPPOSED to be there according to paperwork. How many court cases have been won by evidence that the blueprint does not match the reality?

I also find their overall set up for Business Class really not worth the money you are paying - I have never seen a set up where there are middle seats in Business Class (layout: 2x3x2) But I suppose you'll come back with "but online the design for the cabin is x" - fine. YOU take the Auckland to Dubai flight and see what's there.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:55 PM
Burgers Burgers is offline

Join Date: May 2013

OP I agreed with you but simply said not to exaggerate the seat count if you are going to complain to Emirates, nothing more. So you essentially are saying their online seat map is wrong and they have lied? Even dummy booking shows 42 seats.
You come across way too hostile... get your doctor to adjust your meds.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:06 PM

Join Date: Aug 2013

You are not agreeing with me, you are being a troll.
You do the math: 4 rows of seven passengers x 2 sections = 56.
AGAIN: I WAS THERE AS AN ACTUAL PASSENGER. who are you to dispute the reality?
Get off threads where you have nothing of value to offer.

customer service, health and safety, rude

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 24 Hour flight delay mchk Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Mar 31, 2013 8:41 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked The 6 1/2 hour ---50 minute flight Chixsngr American Airlines Complaints 0 May 30, 2007 5:43 AM