COMPLAINT: Jetblue - Employee Theft

JetBlue Airways Corporation
118-29 Queens Blvd.
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Dear Mr. Slotter:

I am writing to advise you of an incident which took place at John F. Kennedy, Terminal 5 location on November 16, 2015. I arrived at the airport via black car service around 4:35pm to catch Flight #359 from JFK to Burbank, which was to begin boarding at 5:00pm. In my haste to check-in within the allotted amount of time in order to make the flight, I inadvertently left my cellular phone (Samsung Galaxy 5-white) in the car. I ran to the counter checked in my bag, received my boarding pass and proceeded to the TSA checkpoint. At this same time, the driver, realized that I had forgotten my cellular phone, he advised the traffic officer and asked if he could leave his car to return the phone. Once inside the terminal given he did not see me, he approached a JetBlue Greeter (which he described as possibly African American around 5’6” or 5’8” tall) who was directing people as to which line to stand in, and advised her that he had literally just dropped off his passenger who had left her cellular phone in the car, and could she turn it into lost and found. The JetBlue Greeter/Employee stated she would and he immediately returned to his car and called my sister (whom had booked the car service) to advise her that I had left my cellular phone in the car and he had turned it into the JetBlue Greeter/Employee.

Upon my arrival to Los Angeles when I arrived home there was a message on my home telephone from my sister advising me of the phone being left with the JetBlue Greeter/Employee. I immediately called the (347) 546-3900 telephone and spoke with ___________ whom advised me that the telephone I described had not been turned in. She advised me there were several other areas where it may have been left (i.e. the baggage claim lost and found, etc.) and provided me with those telephone numbers, at which point I began calling them to see if the telephone had been turned into either of those areas, to no avail.

At 8am Monday morning I again called (347) 546-3900 and spoke with Shankia, who I must point out was the most helpful and proactive JetBlue employee I had dealt with so far. I explained the circumstances which had taken place and she immediately took down all the information, (i.e., airport arrival time, check-in counter location, door entrance, physical description of driver, physical description of JetBlue Greeter, description of phone, driver’s contact information, etc.), and stated she would pass it onto JetBlue airport security to investigate. To date, I have not heard back from anyone with JetBlue.

Although, I know in the big scheme of things, this is probably not very important to JetBlue given the day-to-day goings on at the airport, what I am deeply concerned about is the integrity and honesty of this JetBlue Greeter/Employee. If a JetBlue employee who is on camera is personally given an article by a customer to turn into the lost and found and she assures the customer that she will, yet unashamedly does not, my uneasiness comes as to why she believes she can get away with it, but most importantly what else is she (and other employees) getting away way. Are any of my articles safe when I turn them over to JetBlue employees? If I had accidently left my driver’s license or credit card at the ticket counter, would the JetBlue Ticket Agent just help herself/himself to my identification or credit card information? The foregoing only leads me to believe that “security” is really not “security” in the full sense that I have been lead to believe. The quality of possessing and adhering to principles and professional standards of conduct not required for employment with JetBlue?

I sincerely hope this incident is not indicative of the service customers can expect from JetBlue employees.

Thank you for your time.

PLC

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 10:02 AM
Subject: Your Concerns to JetBlue

Re: email received Friday,11/21/14 12:15 PM, Contact # 4365498

Hello ,

Thank you for sharing your additional thoughts as to how JetBlue has handled this situation.

We take comments such as your very seriously and hold our crewmembers to the highest standards. We will investigate this situation and we will notify you when any information is provided. This process can take quite some time to complete so your understanding is appreciated.

Thanks again for your continued support of JetBlue.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Jenny:

Again, thank you for your response and once again I know for certain the telephone was given to a crewmember and the fact that JetBlue refuses to verify it is the problem. I provided you (as well as the lost and found personnel) with all the information pertaining to the handing over of the telephone to the crewmember. The driver can identify the crewmember, where she was working/standing, the day and time of the transaction and all of this is supposedly recorded on camera. Given your statement that you "cannot verify" that it was given to crewmember only leads me to believe that JetBlue does not have cameras in the ticketing area, because if you did you could simply look at the tape.

It has become apparent to me that JetBlue has no intention of looking into this, and JetBlue is comfortable with theft by its employees at the JFK airport. The fact that JetBlue continually handles this with its stock answer "just contact lost & found" makes it obvious to me that you condone as well as excuse employee theft. JetBlue's customers' and their experience with JetBlue is of little or no concern to JetBlue, as both you and the "lost and found" department give the same answer.

It is unfortunate that I had no control of being a victim of a JetBlue employee (whom we believed was trustworthy) and then again victimized by JetBlue Corporation. I do, however have control over forewarning the public, current JetBlue customers and potential JetBlue customers of JetBlue's corporate values, and those values are "we turn a blind eye to theft by our employees."

Again, thank you for doing your job of continuing to uphold JetBlue’s corporate values.

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 7:19 AM
Subject: Your Comments to JetBlue

Re: email received Thursday,11/20/14 9:23 PM, Contact # 4364636

Hello ,

Thanks for your additional correspondence; we regret your continued disappointment with JetBlue.

We realize how frustrating this is for you however we cannot verify that your cell phone was actually given to a JetBlue crewmember. Your best option at this point would be to email JFK Lost and Found at:

[email protected]

Please include a detailed description of your cell phone; a JetBlue crewmember will get back with you only if they locate your item.

We value you as a JetBlue customer and wish you the best.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Dear Jenny:

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately you did not read my email. My cell phone was given to a crewmember, who DID NOT turn it into lost and found, that is why I am writing you directly. In addition, I have repeatedly called the lost and found department to no avail.

Based on your response, it has become obvious to me that JetBlue's core values does not include Integrity, therefore, it is apparent that I will have to do handle this situation via another outlet.

Clark

Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:26 PM
Subject: Your Emails to JetBlue

Re: email received Wednesday,11/19/14 2:48 PM, Contact # 4360718

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting JetBlue regarding your recent experience at JFK.

We extend our most sincere apologies that the customer service you received failed to meet your expectations. JetBlue was founded on five Core Values: Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun. We appreciate your feedback which will be forwarded to our airport General Manager for internal review. We take comments such as yours very seriously so that we may improve the services we offer.

Articles found onboard our aircraft or turned in to one of our crewmembers should be placed in the JetBlue lost and found area of the departure or destination city. I recommend contacting both airports in case your phone was handed to an Inflight Crewmember.

Simply visit http://bit.ly/J7uBQd and click on your arrival airport to locate the Baggage Claim phone number.

Once you call to report your missing item to the Baggage Service Office, please be aware that a follow up call will only be placed in the event that JetBlue has recovered the item.

thank you for choosing to fly with JetBlue; your business is appreciated.

LevelThree:
Comments: Dear Sir or Madam: (Pg. 1 of 3)

I am writing to advise you of an incident which took place at your John F. Kennedy, Terminal 5 location on November 16, 2015. I arrived at the airport via black car service around 4:35pm to catch Flight #359 from JFK to Burbank, which was to begin boarding at 5:00pm. In my haste to check-in within the allotted amount of time in order to make the flight, I inadvertently left my cellular phone (Samsung Galaxy 5-white) in the car. I ran to the counter checked in my bag, received my boarding pass and proceeded to the TSA checkpoint. At this same time, the driver, realized that I had forgotten my cellular phone, he advised the traffic officer and asked if he could leave his car to return the phone. Once inside the terminal given he did not see me, he approached a Jetblue Greeter (which he described as possibly African American around 5’6” or 5’8” tall) who was directing people as to which line to stand in, and advised her that he had

LevelThree:
Comments: Page 2 of 3)

that he had literally just dropped off his passenger who had left her cellular phone in the car, and could she turn it in to lost and found. The lady stated she would and he immediately returned to his car and called my sister (whom had booked the car service) to advise her that I had left my cellular phone in the car and he had turned it into the Jetblue Greeter.

Upon my arrival to Los Angeles, when I got home there was a message on my home telephone from my sister advising me of the phone being left with the Jetblue Greeter. I immediately called the (347) 546-3900 telephone and spoke with ___________ whom advised that the telephone I described had not been turned in. She advised me there were several other areas where it may have been left (i.e. the baggage claim lost and found, etc.) and provided me with those telephone numbers, at which point I began calling them to see if the telephone had been turned into either of those areas, to no avail.

LevelThree:
Comments: Pg 3 of 4

At 8am Monday morning I again called & spoke with Shankia, who was the most helpful and proactive Jetblue employee I had dealt with so far. I explained the circumstances which had taken place & she immediately took down all the information (i.e., airport arrival time, check-in counter location, door entrance, physical description of driver, physical description of Jetblue Greeter, description of phone, driver’s contact information, etc) & stated she would pass it onto Jetblue airport
security to investigate. To date I have not heard back from anyone with Jetblue.

Although I know in the big scheme of things, this is probably not of very importance to Jetblue given the day-to-day goings on at the airport, I am deeply concerned as to the integrity & honesty of this Jetblue Greeter/Employee. If a Jetblue employee who is on camera is personally given an article by a customer to turn into lost & found & she assures the the customer that she will,

LevelThree:
Comments: Pg 4 of 4

yet unashamedly does not, my uneasiness comes as to why she believes she can get away with it, but most importantly what else is she (and other employees) getting away way. Are any of my articles safe when I turn them over to Jetblue employees? If I had accidently left my driver’s license or credit card at the ticket counter, would the Jetblue Ticket Agent just help herself/himself to my identification or credit card? It only leads me to believe that “security” is really not “security” in the full sense that I have been lead to believe. The quality of possessing and adhering to principles and professional standards of conduct not required for employment with Jetblue?

I sincerely hope this incident is not indicative of the service customers can expect from Jetblue employees.

Recommend Level: 2
Response Required:

Last edited by PLC; Nov 21, 2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:06 PM
Leatherboy2006 Leatherboy2006 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007

Since JetBlue is not wanting to look further into your missing phone (like looking at the tapes), you might want to call the JFK police department to report a theft, this may put some added pressure to JetBlue after having the police called. Most major airports have their own police forces.

Just to be curious (unless you had it suspended) did you try to call your phone? Was curious if anyone answered.

jetblue jfk complaint

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Theft and limited jakemon82 United Airlines Complaints 3 Feb 24, 2012 8:50 AM
Baggage Problems Southwest/TSA theft ebrogue Southwest Airlines Complaints 6 Feb 6, 2012 7:13 PM
In-flight Issue Onboard Theft on AA Flight SoCalCool American Airlines Complaints 4 Apr 8, 2011 7:54 AM
Hawaii Airlines theft CA_GUY Other Airline Complaints 0 Sep 18, 2010 7:39 PM
Reservations Ticket credit theft Josabeyta Southwest Airlines Complaints 6 Feb 11, 2010 5:57 PM