COMPLAINT: Delta Kiosk fails to print boarding pass

Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:33 AM
dolphinegg dolphinegg is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

On August 8th, I was traveling from New York to San Francisco with my friend. Prior to going to the airport, we used www.delta.com to perform an e-checkin. We did not have any printer, so we planned to collect our boarding passes at the airport.

Since we were not checking any luggage (we were only caring two small shoulder bags given that we were in New York for a short weekend trip), we decided to arrive at the airport 40 minutes prior to our flight. Upon arriving at the airport, we tried using the electronic kiosk to print our boarding pass, but the computer refused to print them and requested us to see an agent.

We immediately spoke to a Delta representative, and she refused to help us. She did not seem interested in understanding that we had already performed an e-checkin and that we did not have any bags to checkin.

We finally returned to San Francisco on the next day by purchasing another ticket

We sent delta a fax and also filed a complain on their website, but we haven't heard anything back from them for over 7 days.

Last edited by dolphinegg; Aug 24, 2010 at 6:34 AM. Reason: Adding more content

Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:21 PM
INTLGIRLY INTLGIRLY is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

I am not 100% certain but I believe that the conditions of online check in still require that you arrive at least 60 mins prior to your flight because you still need time to get through security and get to your gate .. and in your case print your boarding passes. I feel bad for you but I don't think you will get anywhere on this one.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:15 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

it says on-line that in new york you must be checked in at least 45 minutes prior to departure if you are not checking bags and 60 minutes if you are. you just missed the cut off point and thats why your boarding pass didn't print out. dont think your going to get anywhere.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:14 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

Because of the posted check in cut off time, you're going to be out of luck. Once the cut off time comes, the computers lock out changes.

You were late.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:21 PM
dolphinegg dolphinegg is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

All my ticket says is that I need to be at the gate 15min prior to the departure time. It doesn't say anything about having to show up 45 min before the departure to print the boarding pass.

Last year, I arrived 30min before for an international flight (I wasn't checking-in any bags) and I was able to pick up my boarding pass and walk to the plane.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:30 PM

It's Delta... everything is a revenue opportunity. Just resolve never to fly them again.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:06 PM
INTLGIRLY INTLGIRLY is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

Check-in / Boarding boarding pass not scanned at airport linda donahoe United Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 24, 2012 7:57 AM
Customer Service Forced to wait 6hours in Delhi to print boarding pass - IN A HALLWAY ccaps American Airlines Complaints 1 Jan 5, 2010 2:01 AM