Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Customer Service (lack of)

Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:51 PM

Swiss removed their telephone customer service numbers a few months back and now expect all complaints to go via email or the post. Obviously when you're trying to resolve a problem this makes it very difficult to contact anyone.

Not that contacting Swiss customer service will do you any good; they might as well be ex. directory. I've had several issues with Swiss in the last 12 months, and really the only way this is going to get better is to drive them out of business so a new company serving Switzerland can be formed.

Here's an example of Swiss customer service: their flight out of London City was delayed by an hour-plus. In the meantime, out of the same terminal, flights to London Heathrow were taking off half-empty. Requesting I take the a Heathrow flight to get to my meeting on time, the desk agent tells me "Swiss will never let you" (they know what Swiss is like - useless). Sure enough, I'm left stranded in Geneva while half-empty Swiss flights leave for Heathrow.

When I complain to customer service, I'm sent "We're so sorry the flight was delayed. We have to consider safety first/the weather was bad/the incoming flight was late/....". Yada, yada, yada. No attempt to explain why I wasn't allowed to take an earlier flight. Hopeless. You might as well complain to your pet hamster (if you have one).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
customer service swiss