Reservations
COMPLAINT: A.A. Travel Voucher Problem

Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:10 PM

I have a $300 travel voucher that A.A. still hasn't processed, and my flight is scheduled to leave tomorrow.

A.A. knows my flight is scheduled to leave tomorrow, because when a customer mails the travel voucher to the A.A. processing center the customer is required to write the departure date on the outside of the envelope. A.A. says they do this so that the people who process the vouchers can prioritize them by nearest departure date.

I have a USPS receipt stating that A.A. received my voucher four days ago. This means that four days ago someone received the envelope, put it in the "Flights leaving September 1" pile, then apparently ignored it.

A.A. customer service tells me if my voucher isn't processed today, I'm welcome to purchase the ticket. Very profitable scheme for A.A.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:38 PM

That is very generous of them, allowing you to buy a ticket! Airlines are just unbelieveable... although I must say, 4 days is pretty short notice!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:52 PM

I mailed the voucher two weeks ago by certified mail to A.A.'s p.o. box, however A.A. received the voucher only four days ago. I don't know if that delay is USPS' fault or A.A.'s. My guess is that the envelope sat in A.A.'s box for days until someone finally signed for it .

Regardless, A.A. requires vouchers to be mailed 12 days prior to one's departure date, which I did. I've followed A.A.'s requirements to the letter.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:24 PM

A.A. finally processed my voucher a few minutes ago.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:37 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you had sent it 4 days ago... glad you will be getting to go anyway...
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:52 PM

Had a voucher, booked a trip in June using the voucher. Called AA four times to be told all was set for our trip....arrived at the airport this morning and were told our reservation was not paid for, originally they could find the voucher number, and then suddenly they could no longer find the voucher number. BUT I WAS WELCOME TO BOOK A FLIGHT TODAY FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS> What a scam, I will never fly AA again, Now, I sit at home and had to cancel my vacation.....