COMPLAINT: Bad experience on Lufthansa

Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:47 AM
KShearer KShearer is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

During the 11/28/2010 storm in Europe, I boarded a flight from Munich to Warsaw. After boarding the plane, we waited on the tarmac about 2 hours before taking off. At Warsaw, the plane circled the airport for another 1.5 hours and we were then diverted to a small airport. The crew forced us to disembark and we were told to get instructions inside. The next 3 hours were spent trying to find out what we were supposed to do. Eventually, we were told we were to be bussed to Warsaw. Since the airport was closed due to weather, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the roads would be treacherous too. However, since were given no options (like staying warm in a hotel and flying the following day), we boarded a bus for a supposed 2 hour bus ride. 10 hours later having had no food, no water, no English speaking driver and a nonusable bathroom, we were dumped at a closed Warsaw airport. Again, no Lufthansa representative greeted us, we were forced to stand in the frigid air until a taxi came by. When I complained to Lufthsansa they said they were not responsible for the weather??? Nor are they apparently responsible for the safety of their passengers.

Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:36 AM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

well, they aren't responsible for the weather and this sounds like it was all due to weather. however, there should have been a lufthansa rep. meeting you at the airport. it sounds like they tried their hardest to get you to where you needed to be.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:01 AM

no English speaking driver
You think it is reasonable to demand an english speaking driver on a journey from a small regional airport in Poland to Warsaw?

Sometimes, events happen. The storm that has swept across northern European countries is exceptional. This impacts the everyone and sometimes stuff happens. In general I am supportive of the passenger, but it sounds to me like Lufthansa tried their best in difficult circumstances to get you to where you wanted to go.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:31 PM
James Helgeson James Helgeson is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

I got caught in the same storm. My lost bag was supposed to be transferred from United 906 (ORD-MUC) to Lufthansa 2036 (MUC-TXL) on 29 November 2010 (departure from ORD on 28 November in the evening).

From Munich, I was obliged to continue my journey by train, with a Lufthansa voucher. I declared the bag missing at Munich airport on the morning I arrived, according to the recommendations of the Lufthansa staff, who were completely overwhelmed.

They have been supremely unhelpful since then. Anyone have any current news?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 5:55 AM
flyhi152 flyhi152 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post

It looks like there are certain people on this website who don't have anything else to do than to defend the airlines and to post comments showing how rediculous the complaint is. Do you guys get paid for that ?

Reservations LUFTHANSA -CANCELS TICKET w/o NOTICE asheesha Lufthansa Complaints 15 Jul 8, 2015 6:28 PM
Check-in / Boarding Lufthansa/United Air nightmare Esra United Airlines Complaints 23 Apr 2, 2011 7:34 AM
Baggage Problems Lufthansa - baggage damage moscow joanie Lufthansa Complaints 2 Dec 22, 2010 7:13 PM
Lufthansa Unwilling to Refund jaz2time Lufthansa Complaints 0 Nov 5, 2010 4:14 AM