COMPLAINT: Baggage missing for 8 weeks and they are still tracing.

Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:05 PM
bpooja bpooja is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

My experience with AA was one of the worst flights I have ever been on. I was travelling with my infant twins for the first time internationally from LAX to Ne Delhi via Chicago on Nov 5th. At LAX I was told my carry on was too big. That bag had all my kids stuff including breast pump, diapers, wipes and clothes for the long 24 hours journey. Even after a lot of argument and pleading they did not let the bag in. I was told that they would leave without me if i didnt hurry up. I had a couple of diapers and a few wipes for a 24 hour flight.
At Chigago airport I reached my gate. When the boarding process started, again I was stopped at the gate with the two babies ( i had group A boarding)..because they wanted to check if I needed the infant ticket. I was only let in once everyone else had boarded. This flight had the worst flight attendent I have ever seen.

Generally, in my knowledge flight attendents are supposed to make the flying easier for people specially with babies. But, this lady was the rudest flight attendent I have ever seen. She did not leave a single chance of making things more difficult than it was already with the two babies. I never got the bassinets I had reqested.

Finally, when we landed in New Delhi..much to my dismay I found out that my bag which I was made to check in had not arrived.
I still havent found my bag. Without the breast pump, my milk supply is gone which I was hoping to continue throughout my trip.
Its been 8 weeks since I originally filed the complaint. I am already back home. When I called today I was told they are still tracing the bag.
Needless to say I will not be ever flying American Airlines again. But, I hope they atleast have the decency to find and return my bag and reimburse me for it.

Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:29 PM
bpooja bpooja is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

Yesterday after several months, I received a letter saying that they cannot reimburse me because I did not file a claim within 4 hours of me finding out that my bag is missing. This is their final decision.
ARE YOU KIDDING?????????????
I filed the complain right after the baggage belt stopped and found my bag was not there. I still have the carbon copy of the complaint I had filed on the airport and also the bag tag they gave me.
So they ask me to send it again. Really???? You don't have access to your own system??????
Ok so I will be faxing them the form now and let's see what happens. I just have a feeling, I will not be getting my claim check. All these excuses/reasons must be in their standard rule book. Lets see what will be excuse number 2.

Baggage Problems Missing baggage gholt Southwest Airlines Complaints 15 Aug 11, 2015 10:53 AM
Baggage Problems Baggage missing for one week AEW American Airlines Complaints 6 Dec 22, 2010 7:16 PM
Baggage Problems Baggage Missing Phx70 American Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 18, 2008 11:39 PM
Baggage Problems US Airways: Lost Baggage in Phoenix 3 times in 4 weeks. paynere Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Mar 12, 2008 8:11 PM
Baggage Problems Lost Baggage 2 weeks ago. Customer service sucks nomoredelta Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Aug 20, 2007 6:51 PM