COMPLAINT: Cancelled But not Cancelled and Charged for the NEw Flight

Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:10 AM
su2nil su2nil is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

I have posted, below mail to Eithad
Today I faced humilation which I never had in my 8 years of international travel. My travel agaent booked my ticket from CKY-CMN-AUH-DEL by PNR number YHW8OS (E-ticket 2633332049 ). As per this PNR, I had to stay in Abu dhabi for around 24 hours. Agency cancelled AUH-DEL sector and issued another ticket with PNR number YLPHKU (E-ticket 2633375842) after paying it seperately. Etihad India confirmed that AUH-DEL sector has been cancelled and I visited the etihad site online and checked the itenarary and assured it was cancelled and then I did online checkin. I even received online eticket receipt for CKY-DEL according to new scheduled.

When reached at CKY airport, Airport staff told me that my ticket has been retained and not as per new schedules and they cannot do anything as they do not have access to Etihad. It came as a shock. Then after reaching Casablanca, Airport staff issued boarding pass according to old ticket for which I already cancelled the AUH-DEL sector. Airport staff told me that new ticket is not updated in their system so they cannot issue the boarding pass for new ticket and suggested me to contact ground staff when I reach Abu dhabi.

Flight EY-612 was late by few minutes so by the time I reached Transfer desk, they said the ticket is code sharing with JET AIRWAYS and they have finialized the flight. Later Etihad staff claimed that new ticket does not even updated in their system whereas I have confirmed slip in my hand. They said they do not have any other flight to Delhi so I am forced to wait for 24 hours.

To add my problem, I was not even given a blanket, meals boucher, or Hotel to stay. I arranged everything my own. I have emergency at my home and that is the reason I cancelled my old AUH-DEL sector, paid extra to save my time but Etihad ruined my plans. I am not a new traveller. I am travelling on international sectors since 2005 and takes more than 45 international flights every year. If needed, I can supply all the supporting proofs to you.
____________________________________________

Here is the answer I got and what I replied-

I do not accept this reply.

1. The ticket YLPHKU is not fully refunded. I am refunded only about 60%. The credit note sent by agent mentioning Airline charges INR 5989. Why this charge when I did not use the flight at all? Same for the flight service tax!

2. I was on call with your customer care 2 times for more than 20 minutes each time, on the date of travel from Abu Dhabi to Delhi on international calling line and your representative were not able to confirm if I will be able to fly or no. Your system clearly lacking ability confirm a cancelled ticket and issue the one which I should have got.

3. You simply failed to see the mental agony you have caused to me, as it was your system failing to confirm the ticket. The agent has send me the cancellation confirmation before I even started from Monrovia and you at Casablanca airport still issued me the same flight!

4. I am not aksing you yet the harrasment of 24 hours, the exoanses incurred to me on that day.

5. I will be in touch with you from my legal advisor and before that I will post this issue on internet, if I do not see a complete refund on that YLPHKU which was INR 14000, along with the USD 200/- is have spent on the date of travel in my stay, food and calls to your customer care. This is my minimum demand, to settle this issue for once and all.

I am really shocked that while you advertise that you are the fastest grwoing airline, you are simply failing to maintain the utility value of the purchase a customer is making from you.

Reservations Charged for Cancelled Reservation OregonSteve65 United Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 24, 2012 1:39 AM
Customer Service Don't expect a free flight voucher when your flight is cancelled for TWO days! grees003 Customer Service 2 Jul 5, 2012 5:25 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Jet Blue cancelled flight BOS/FLL traveler11 JetBlue Airways Complaints 3 Jul 19, 2011 8:55 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight cancelled we were never contacted katheworsley Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 6 May 20, 2009 4:02 AM
Customer Service cancelled flight, AA 181, 7/23/08. JFK to LAX willy9394 American Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 25, 2008 6:24 PM