General Discussion For General Airline matters.

Tools...

Old Dec 9, 2008, 1:37 AM

Default Flight attendants behavior/attitude

I was on a northwest airline flight going to san francisco from JFK. flight was on time meal good. but this flight attendant was acting pretty mean. This poor old woman was having trouble with her bags and the flight attendant was giggling at her under her breath. i came and helped her and so did a flight attendant. You know that mean flight attendant should be punished for not helping the poor old woman. I think flight attendants must have some type general guidelines for helping passengers. And they should control there mouths too. I mean hey i understand its probably been a busy and stressful day but you should cut some of the bad language and bad attitude (there are little children on the plane and its not nice for the airline.) What do you think.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 3:16 PM
Banned
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

agreed. as a flight attendant, i get so sick of some of my coworkers with their bad attitudes. I just finished a 19 hour work day, BUT take the attitude back with you to the hotel and dont lay it on the passengers or other crew members. We had a few who wouldn't watch their mouths and were written up for it time and time again....notice how i said the word HAD. we dont usually have the typical vacation or business traveler, we mostly do troop movement,(such a difference with attitudes) but i have done my share of vacationers (remeber the jetblue meltdown? yeah we helped out jetblue, boy those people were rude!!) but i kept a smile and helped them out. but im always standing in the aisle ready to help the customer, old or young, its part of my job
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:47 PM

there should be away to punish the mean flight attendants as well as the flight crew..
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:24 PM
Banned

einana,
so you think because 1 flight attendant is rude, and the other one helped the woman (in skrams post) that BOTH should be punished as well as the other crewmembers not involved?
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:30 PM

no, I mean the flight crew and the attedants should always treat people with respect and friendly, I mean when any one of the crew or attendants trated in passengers in a mean way they should be punished.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:06 AM
Banned

right. i agree 100% with that. i dont work for a major carrier. but when a complaint comes in from a customer our inflight dept. looks at it and calls the employee in to hear both sides of the story. i hate to say it, but we FINALLY got rid of 2 people that had to go. their attitudes on the plane and the way they would bad mouth the company, it was time. Last year we helped the jetblue passengers and we (the crew) were treated sooooo badly by the passengers. but we kept smiling and told them why we were taking them and not jetblue, it was not an easy week for us. getting screamed at for something that didn't even involve our company or wasn't even jetblues fault but the weather that caused everything. i was surprised nobody on our crew lost it with any passenger.

if a crewmember treats a passenger in a rude way, then yes, they need to look into it and find out what happend from witnesses, same with a passenger getting irate with a crewmember.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:51 AM
Banned

Angry Those Conceited ******* Doctors

Q: What is the difference between a brain surgeon and God? A: God doesn't think he's a brain surgeon! .................................................. .................................................. .........................................warhammer gold buy warhammer gold cheap warhammer gold warhammer goldwarhammer goldhttp://www.warhammergold119.com
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:45 PM

Default Customer Service

Customer Service on airline have changend for worses no more fligths atendens gate agents our other staffs smile cordial all are rude because We have to travel because the high security the airlines employes are the worst now take advantage this and be rude agressive abusive can't ask anything any favor like do favor let the customer to fly what can do I believe needs new law for the passager We don't have rigths We treated very bad need regulations from the gov.
S.Afonso

More options...