COMPLAINT: KLM vouchers cannot be used when booking online

Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:34 PM
Stecasa Stecasa is offline

Join Date: Mar 2011

I had bought an "option" (pre-reservation) for two KLM tickets and wanted to use two vouchers (so-called Travel Discount Certificates, that I had received from KLM last year due to flight problems) when I were to use my option and buy the tickets. These vouchers were each valid 50 EUR until 28 February 2012.

I then contacted KLM by phone and talked to one of their employees, but she told me, that I could not use these vouchers to partially pay for the tickets, because their web site wasn't able to receive information regarding these vouchers.

I disagreed very much with her, because nowhere on the vouchers there is an indication of, that these cannot be used for a web booking.

But she wouldn't let me use the vouchers, unless I bought tickets on the phone with a new reservation, thus not using the option that I had paid 20 EUR for. And if I were to buy tickets on the phone without the option, these would be so expensive, that the difference between these and my option ticket price would exceed the value of the vouchers.

She wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor, and if I were to talk with another agent, she was convinced that I would have the same answer as she gave me.

Neither from the information on the vouchers nor when I bought the option (made the pre-reservation), I had any information of that their web site lacked the possibility of using the vouchers as partial payment.

I am convinced that they have a legal problem, if they neglect a customer's wish to use such vouchers just because that they make an online booking instead of using the phone doing so.

I needed the tickets, so I had to use the options without using the vouchers.

I am working in an international company, where many of us travel by airplane. And I have a strong network to my colleagues in 15 European countries, and thus good possibilities for influencing these in which airplane companies to use. I am certainly going to use this influence.

Afterwards I filed a complaint and was informed on the web page, that "You will receive shortly an acknowledgement to: (my email address). If you do not receive this message within the day, the email address you entered may be incorrect. In that case please post again your request."

I am 100% sure that my email address was correct entered, but didn't receive any acknowledgement. The next day I contacted them by phone again, but they weren't able to assure me that they had received the complaint ...

After contacting them for the second time, I received an auto-generated mail from them: "Thank you for making your reservation on klm.dk. Having received the KLM newsletter email for a while and now that you have been on klm.dk, you’ve seen just how easy booking online with KLM really is!" ...

Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:45 AM

KLM customer service is really bad. Is there a airbpassenger rights authority in Denmark you can contact? I think you have been ripped off. This is the kind of thing they do in the US. Issue vouchers you can't redeem or charge for phone bookings which renders them valueless. It is tantamount to fraud.

Reservations beware! ticket change policy online booking chb American Airlines Complaints 3 May 7, 2008 1:03 AM