COMPLAINT: Why is Qantas legally allowed to charge twice for the same service, this has another

Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:45 AM

Why is Qantas legally allowed to charge twice for the same service, this has another name, robbery.

I have just cancelled my Qantas flight which I booked using my frequent flyer points and I have rebooked the exact same flight on the exact same date and time which will now be paid for by my employer.
I have also paid for exit seats on this flight and I am disturbed to find that I have to pay again to rebook them. I know your policy says fees for exit seat payments are not transferable. However, they are not being transferred, I am on the exact flights, dates and times, only I am now paying for the flight in money, not points, which is of course a benefit to Qantas.
Interestingly the person I spoke to when I asked if it was not perhaps immoral to charge the same fee twice for the exact same benefit answered me that “that is business”.
Why to airlines get to behave so unethically legally?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to mars6423

well you said you cancelled the original ticket, so it would be kinda like starting from the beginning, they are not charging you twice, its just the 1st one says nontransferable and most likely nonrefundable, meaning that you paid that if you use it or not

you canceled the ticket which then leaves them with that money, and then purchased a new ticket in which you have to pay for the exit row again if you want it
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:29 AM

you are rather obvious.... or your life is so sad that within hours you are replying to posts that criticise Qantas......
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to mars6423

ever think that maybe i came online when i woke up and saw your post and replied? i guess not but i guess you must be sad that you came to that thought, conclusion or whatever you want to call it, i dont sit at the comp all day waiting for someone to post

it is pretty clear that you are complaining over something that seems pretty straight forward, cancel ticket, new ticket = not the same